Need solutions for pump not working

Over the past few days , my pc fans have been outragingly loud. Went into BIOS, saw "CPU Over Temperature Error", so I applied new thermal paste. Did not solve the problem, after talking with a friend, he told me that the pump might be dead (I'm using an EK Predator 240 All In One Cooling Unit), which it is (in my opinion although I'm no expert) because water stopped flowing around the CPU water block. I got this rig as a courtesy for a friend, I know a bit about water cooling but not enough to have a solution for this. I'd love a suggestions on what to do, or if you live in Austin, TX and you can figure something out, I'd more than willing to pay for your service.

https://************/i4Uoam (link to a picture of the rig)
You can drag and drop pics right into the editor here Frank. No need for all the linking. Nice box btw. That is hella sharp.

16252039_1839159466366916_6002517247032303262_o.jpg

Over the past few days , my pc fans have been outragingly loud. Went into BIOS, saw "CPU Over Temperature Error", so I applied new thermal paste. Did not solve the problem, after talking with a friend, he told me that the pump might be dead (I'm using an EK Predator 240 All In One Cooling Unit), which it is (in my opinion although I'm no expert) because water stopped flowing around the CPU water block. I got this rig as a courtesy for a friend, I know a bit about water cooling but not enough to have a solution for this. I'd love a suggestions on what to do, or if you live in Austin, TX and you can figure something out, I'd more than willing to pay for your service.
Well, if fluid is not flowing it is likely one of two things. The pump is not getting power, or the pump is dead or locked up somehow. Check to make sure the pump is getting power, then if it is, you will likely need a new pump. Pull the system apart, check the pump disconnected from the loop. And check the check for blockages in the system if the pump is live.

Will it be likely that the pump alone stopped working for some reasons? Because the radiator fans in the cooling unit are still running, I just don't know how to check if the pump alone is working or not.
Well, if liquid is not flowing....put your hand on it and feel for vibration and listen for sound from it. If the pump is spinning it should be making at least a bit of vibration or sound.

Don't those EK aio units use standard form factor DDC style pumps?

Might be you only need to replace a $60-$70 part, OP.

I dont see the pump in question, is it built into the radiator?

I would recommend getting some distilled water and flush the loop for starters, just to make sure nothing is clogged

I dont see the pump in question, is it built into the radiator?

I would recommend getting some distilled water and flush the loop for starters, just to make sure nothing is clogged

Yes it is built into into the radiator, it's an all in one cooling unit.

Don't those EK aio units use standard form factor DDC style pumps?

Might be you only need to replace a $60-$70 part, OP.

Mhmm interesting, I will look into this, they discontinue this EK line of cooling unit so idk if a replacement from another brand will fit.

Mhmm interesting, I will look into this, they discontinue this EK line of cooling unit so idk if a replacement from another brand will fit.
If it's a DDC style pump, many different brands make them and they're all physically interchangeable. They're all based on a Laing design.

I'm not positive that the Predator is made with one, I just remember seeing pics of that unit and saying to myself "wow, they put a real DDC pump in that AIO!"

Back