RadioActiveLobster
Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 20, 2010
- Messages
- 1,008
I have three ASUS VW266H monitors and one of them is dying. It still works if you have patience but it seems to be getting worse and eventually it's going to die.
I posted about it on the forums, some have suggested trying to replace internals or capacitors. I have no idea how to do this and I can't even find one to buy to get parts. I've posted a WTB in the for sale forum and had one promising offer until the guy (I won't mention names) decided to just start ignoring my PM's without any contact or response (bit of an asshole move, but whatever) so I seem to be out of luck.
I need to know of a good monitor that can work as a replacement for the VW266H
I DO NOT want to go 1920x1080 (I'd love to stick with 1920x1200 but this might not be possible). I will go 1080p if I have no other choice. I'd go higher (1440p or 1600p but I just can't afford it)
My other issue is my monitor stand, as anything but a 25.5 inch monitor will fuck it up. That isn't a huge issue, as a working monitor is more important and I can always redo the mounts to make a larger or smaller monitor work.
I'd have a budget of around $400 max which is really going to constrain me I think, but I work from home and I use all three monitors for work.
Thinks like NVSurround are not that important.
Anyone have any ideas?
EDIT: I forum member has a VW266H for sale and I'm going that route, though if you guys know of a similar monitor to that post it, maybe this thread can help someone else.
I posted about it on the forums, some have suggested trying to replace internals or capacitors. I have no idea how to do this and I can't even find one to buy to get parts. I've posted a WTB in the for sale forum and had one promising offer until the guy (I won't mention names) decided to just start ignoring my PM's without any contact or response (bit of an asshole move, but whatever) so I seem to be out of luck.
I need to know of a good monitor that can work as a replacement for the VW266H
I DO NOT want to go 1920x1080 (I'd love to stick with 1920x1200 but this might not be possible). I will go 1080p if I have no other choice. I'd go higher (1440p or 1600p but I just can't afford it)
My other issue is my monitor stand, as anything but a 25.5 inch monitor will fuck it up. That isn't a huge issue, as a working monitor is more important and I can always redo the mounts to make a larger or smaller monitor work.
I'd have a budget of around $400 max which is really going to constrain me I think, but I work from home and I use all three monitors for work.
Thinks like NVSurround are not that important.
Anyone have any ideas?
EDIT: I forum member has a VW266H for sale and I'm going that route, though if you guys know of a similar monitor to that post it, maybe this thread can help someone else.
Last edited: