Need new router? Please help! Getting disconnects, resets, etc with DLINK

dborden

Limp Gawd
I have an older DLINK wireless G router with speedbooster.(I think a 524) I use uTorrent and lately my router has been acting very flaky, contantly resetting, disconnecting all my clients and requiring me to unplug and plug back in my cable modem and router to get everything back on. I'm guessing either it can't handle utorrent or needs to be replaced and is failing.

I need to be able to do port forwarding to different IP addresses on my network since I have an FTP server, and other things.

I don't want to replace my two DLINK wireless cards. Can someone recommend a good router for G that will work with my existing dlink wireless cards and will not disconnect or freak out my entire network? I have about an 60-99 dollar budget.

Any help with recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

You may want to hard-reset, flash to latest firmware and reconfigure that badboy and see if that solves the problem before replacing it?

I've seen that same issue on a friends dlink and it was solved the way i suggested, anyway..good luck

oldmx

I'm having pretty much te same problem, but with a Linksys. I have to reset my modem and router for it to work again.

Back