Need New Case - Strict Size Requirements

Xyrax

Limp Gawd
I am looking for the smallest case I can find that will fit the components in my sig plus the following:

Antec KÜHLER H₂O 920 (case must be able to accomodate the dual 120mm fan push/pull configuration)​

The case must be a cube or desktop model (desktop preferred). I am not afraid of minor-medium modifcations.

The Antec NSK2480 looks like there's a small chance it may work with some modification but I don't want to order it just to find out it won't work and have to RMA it.

I found the APEVIA X-QPACK2 which also looks like it would work, however, being that I am currently using an Antec Mini P180, the major step-down in quality is something I'd like to avoid (I hate working with crap quality cases).

The space I have to work with is 24" x 18" x 6" (WxDxH) but I can make a cube work if absolutely neccesary (The 6" hieght is the primary limiting factor). The Antec NSK2480 fits within this space perfectly but my concern is mounting the CPU cooler's radiator in push/pull configuration.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar set up that can recommend a perfect case?

I found the APEVIA X-QPACK2 which also looks like it would work, however, being that I am currently using an Antec Mini P180, the major step-down in quality is something I'd like to avoid (I hate working with crap quality cases).
That should definitely be a last resort purchase as the included PSU is Apevia made/branded/selected who has been shown to make really really shitty power supplies:
Apevia ATX-AS500W-BL
Apevia Warlock Power 900W
XQPack's Included 420W PSU
Aspire Beast 680W Power Supply

So even if you get that case, you're basically just paying $100 (once you factor in shipping) for the case since that PSU is not worth using at all.

As such, see if this case works for you:
$60 - Black Chiefmax FC-DV21M mATX Case

Thanks for the advice. I will be migrating all my components over so if a case comes with a PSU it will be replaced with my Corsair anyway.

In my research I saw posts about that Chiefmax case. The problem is, I wasn't able to find sufficient pictures of inside the case from enough angles to determine if it will work or not. Also, a short but wide/deep desktop case is ideal for my desk. A cube is a last resort due to space limitations.

It's amazing how many different case designs there are on the market and yet I can rarely find a case that fits my needs perfectly. The mini P180 was one of those rare cases that was the perfect fit but my requirements have changed and now the mini P180 has become a burden on my desk :(

For clarification, is your goal to find the smallest case that meets your requirements, or a case that is 24" x 18" x 6" which meets those requirements? If it's the latter, the Silverstone Grandia series may work.

My goal is to find a case that will fit within the measurements I provided.

I already looked into the GD04 and GD05. They would work great if it weren't for the front USB and audio port (based on illustrations in the manual for the cases). I would have to remove them in order to fit the radiator in that spot. Unfortunately, I use the front USB ports on my PC regularly. The other 2 120mm fan locations won't work.

There are number of cases that are almost perfect but have one small yet show stopping problem.

Back