Need HelpDesk software suggestions

Kelvarr

Supreme [H]ardness
Currently, we use MicroFocus Zenworks (ugh) for some of our helpdesk functions. We are looking to replace this. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what is out there that serves our purpose?

Must-Haves
Hardware/Software Inventory
Ability to push software, software updates - being able to install any *.MSI, *.EXE, copying a file to a desktop, etc.

Niceties
Trouble-Ticket System
Remote Control, or at least a plugin option to utilize Bomgar Remote Desktop
Windows Patch Management

We have found Dell/EMC KACE which seems to suit our needs, but it is rather expensive. We would like to see if there are any other comparable softwares out there. Thanks.

How large is your helpdesk and/or customer base? Bomgar can integrate with several ITSM solutions. We use Remedy for ITSM and Bomgar for remote support but don't currently use the integration feature.

How large is your helpdesk and/or customer base? Bomgar can integrate with several ITSM solutions. We use Remedy for ITSM and Bomgar for remote support but don't currently use the integration feature.
About 700 Desktops, 150 Mobile devices (all windows-based tablets/laptops/etc), so about 900 end devices in total.
Userbase of about 500 full time and another 250 part time.

Helpdesk is a staff of 4.

You are mixing a few different things under 'HelpDesk'. For pure Helpdesk / ticket functionality, I really like ZenDesk. It is also one of the standards in the industry so a lot of other SaaS solutions integrate easily with it for things like IT Asset Management, etc.

Agree with Grentz.

We use Racktables for hardware/ip inventory. I have setup and supported OSTicket for a ticket system.

Assuming a Windows domain setup, a lot of the software pushes should be doable via Policy and WSUS. Advantage is it is already part of the Microsoft environment.

Where I last worked, we used Trackit for the trouble ticket system.

You're not looking for Help Desk software - you are looking for managed services software solutions. I agree with the above poster that for just ticketing ZenDesk is great - a bit pricey, but worth it.

As for the rest, you're talking MDM stuff, software patching, asset management. You're going to want to find solutions that integrate with ZenDesk.

You're not looking for Help Desk software - you are looking for managed services software solutions. I agree with the above poster that for just ticketing ZenDesk is great - a bit pricey, but worth it.

As for the rest, you're talking MDM stuff, software patching, asset management. You're going to want to find solutions that integrate with ZenDesk.
How is that not HelpDesk functionality?

At least where I am, we do it all. I'm not in some huge corporate environment where they are distinct roles. My bad for not specifying that.

I don't know if they are still around but Virtual Office (http://www.virtualofficesoftware.co.uk/) was one that was highly respected a few years back (I used to work for them a long time ago). The parent company Ideal Host will also configure it to suit your requirements including handheld device integration etc.

Solarwind has what you're looking for. It's not cheap though. At my company we usually use a specific software for each function. We use Spicework for easy ticketing, remote assist, and inventory. PDQ deploy for software and update deployments.

The last place I was at we used Altiris for all that. I doubt it is cheap though.

Back