darkstarinc
n00b
- Joined
- Aug 15, 2010
- Messages
- 4
Well it's been a very long time since I built custom PCs, after browsing Newegg and stuff, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want to build.
I'll post the part's that I think will work out, and it will be 2 different types of configurations..
Here are the 2 configurations I am thinking about.
Config 1 - From Newegg.com
Config 2 - From Tigerdirect.com
That is kinda what I am thinking, looking to get some feedback on these 2 config's, and what I can change out to something better, or just some general comments on it.
Thanks!
I'll post the part's that I think will work out, and it will be 2 different types of configurations..
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
--Gaming, Heavy Graphic usage, rendering
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
--3K Max Tax/shipping included.
3) Where do you live?
--Cali
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
--This will be listed below
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
--Nothing right now
6) Will you be overclocking?
--Maybe, more than likely
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
--23" right now
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
--Within the week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
--SLI or Crossfire for sure
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
--I have a MSDN license, so it will be 64bit Win 7
Here are the 2 configurations I am thinking about.
Config 1 - From Newegg.com
Tower - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
HDDs - 2x Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Video - 2x EVGA 01G-P3-1465-AR GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Power Supply - Antec TPQ-1200 1200W Continuous Power
Memory - GeIL Black Dragon 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)
Motherboard - ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU - Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601930
Optical Drive(s) - x2 LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray Burner with Blu-ray 3D feature SATA Model iHBS112 - OEM
OS HDD - OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE120G 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Total - $2,940
Config 2 - From Tigerdirect.com
Tower - Cooler Master RC-942-KKN1 HAF X ATX Full Tower Computer Case
HDD's - 2x Western Digital WD20EARS Caviar Green Hard Drive - 2TB, 3.5", SATA-3G
Video - 2x XFX Radeon HD 5830 1GB PCIe DDR5
Power Supply - Ultra X4 1050-Watt Modular Power Supply
Memory - 2x OCZ OCZ3G1333LV8GK Gold 8GB PC10666 DDR3 Dual Channel Memory (2x 4GB)
Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard - AMD 890FX, Socket AM3, ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, RAID, SATA 6.0GB/s
CPU - AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition Processor w/ Ultra ChillTec Black CPU Cooler Bundle
Optical Drives - 2 x LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray Burner with Blu-ray 3D feature SATA
OS HDD - OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE120G 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Total - $2,954
That is kinda what I am thinking, looking to get some feedback on these 2 config's, and what I can change out to something better, or just some general comments on it.
Thanks!