Need help with E4300 pin mod.

you cut little strips of scotch tape and little pieces of paper with an exacto knife and make a mask to cover up where you do NOT want the conductive ink to go, leaving a little gap between the pieces where you do. Or put a big piece of tape and with exacto knife cut out the "channel" where you do want the ink to go. apply the ink, let it dry over night is critical, or it will come up when you remove the tape. Helps to gently run the knife along the edges of the ink and edge of the tape so when you peel it off there is less chance of the ink coming up.

gently wipe the area to be painted with alcohol to get any oil from your fingers off the surface and let it dry. After you are done do the same for area where scotch tape was stuck and you really have to be carefull, the alcohol wont bring the ink right up, but if you soak it, it might, Q tip is helpfull but be sure to let it all dry and no lint before reinstalling it.

If you can find a conductive ink pen its hella better than that windsheild defroster repair paint, check radio shack but probally the paint will be easier to find oh well. maybe stop in a hobby shop and get a real small paintbrush instead of the huge thing that will come with the paint or use a toothpick to apply it.

bah used to be guides on bridging the old T-birds with plenty of how-tos but i cant find.

someone please explain how this works:

it seems like we're overriding the BSEL outputs from the CPU so that they are either connected to ground or VCC....isn't this a problem ... i mean if BSEL output is VCC...can you really just hook it up to ground and not expect something to get really hot and burn up? it doenst make sense that we can have two competing drivers for one output...

just how exactly are BSEL1/2 used? are they indicators from the CPU to tell the motherboard what FSB to run at?

wouldn't it be better to block off those pins from the CPU and then override the inputs to the motherboard so they are set to a certain BSEL1/2 setting to force the FSB?

am i making any sense here?

yes you are, but these are logic signals not power leads so there is not any current (to speak of, present), its ok to ground them, you then pull the signal low and somewhere a transistor turns off, or on, or tri-states or lol who cares.

are they indicators from the CPU to tell the motherboard what FSB to run at?

yes

wouldn't it be better to block off those pins from the CPU and then override the inputs to the motherboard so they are set to a certain BSEL1/2 setting to force the FSB?

yes, but you cant get at the backside of the socket and the signal traces are buried in the board layers (i think) and you will find anyway that they are part of a buss ( a LOT of little skinny signal trace lines packed very closely together and even more hard to get at as you need to run them to ground anyway.) The bottom of the cpu is the easiest place, beleive me.

If you are considering this because your motherboard does not support OC setting in the bios its a good (relative term) thing to try. If you do have OC settings in the bios I suggest you dont do this as there is not any difference compated to just setting the the FSB to 333 in the bios.

Back