Need help with 8.7 drivers.

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
4,308
Ok, I just got my 4870 (woot!) and I installed the Suit from ATi's site. Under device manager there is a PCI Device that keeps showing up. What is it? And what driver do I need?
 
it is, I accidently went to windows update for something else and noticed the hardware driver available msg, figured what the hell (normally I NEVER use windows update for device drivers but it was a moment of weakness). Bang ! it loaded and installed some ATI device package and now I have ATI HD audio as well as the onboard. It is the HDMI interface on the video card apparently. This was on a new machine with a 4780, not the machine in my sig.
 
If you don't have the "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio" installed, it will show up as "PCI Device". It is the ATI HDMI port. If you're not using it, just disable it...


Yeah I'll just do that, I don't use HDMI so I have no use for it.

Edit: Also, why is 6x AA broken in source based games? It will let me do 4x but not 6.
 
Back
Top