I recently purchase a XFX Radeon HD 5830 as an upgrade for my 3 year old Diamond Radeon HD 3850. It was in my price range and I like having the lifetime warranty for it. The issue I am having is installing it.
When I put the new card in it would not post, but when I remove my creative sound card and clear the cmos it will boot. But here is the kicker when I reboot the PC will not post again unless I clear the cmos. Now I am leaning towards the power supply but I don't want to rule out a possible bios issue and would like some input from yall to see what yall think it is. I have a support ticket in with both ECS and XFX but you know how long it usually takes tech support to respond.
Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ am2 65w (not overclocked at the moment)
ECS KA3 MVP (1.1e bios)
DIAMOND Viper 3850PE3256SB Radeon HD 3850 256MB
A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB)
A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250gb
SeaSonic SS-500ES 500W
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro (Is not currently in PC)
All of this is 3 years old. My Graphics card was showing its age as it did freak out on me a few times so I figure its was time to upgrade and I want to get near the top as I could with the budget I have. I hate to have to buy a new power supply but if I have to I will since I would like to use my $267 card.
Thanx in advance
When I put the new card in it would not post, but when I remove my creative sound card and clear the cmos it will boot. But here is the kicker when I reboot the PC will not post again unless I clear the cmos. Now I am leaning towards the power supply but I don't want to rule out a possible bios issue and would like some input from yall to see what yall think it is. I have a support ticket in with both ECS and XFX but you know how long it usually takes tech support to respond.
Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ am2 65w (not overclocked at the moment)
ECS KA3 MVP (1.1e bios)
DIAMOND Viper 3850PE3256SB Radeon HD 3850 256MB
A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB)
A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250gb
SeaSonic SS-500ES 500W
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro (Is not currently in PC)
All of this is 3 years old. My Graphics card was showing its age as it did freak out on me a few times so I figure its was time to upgrade and I want to get near the top as I could with the budget I have. I hate to have to buy a new power supply but if I have to I will since I would like to use my $267 card.
Thanx in advance