ElSantoCachon
n00b
- Joined
- Aug 15, 2010
- Messages
- 5
I currently have and giving away to my little brother a Q9300 with 4gb RAM on a EVGA 750i motherboard with SLI GTX 260
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
GAMING all the way. I currently play COD MW2 (runs great) and Starcraft 2 (not so great, but i am not the only one here). I would probably try the new FF XIV, my benchmark results are not that good; looking forward to playing Mafia 2 and later Deus EX with very decent graphic settings
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1000 tax and shipping included
3) Where do you live?
Ottawa, Canada
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I need CPU, RAM, Motherboard, Video Card (Priority)
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I will be reusing my PSU, which is a CORSAIR TX750W; my DVD burner and hard drives (WD 74GB 10k RPM and 640gb 7200rpm)
6) Will you be overclocking?
No.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have a 23" Acer 1920x1080, keeping this
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
I read what you guys have to say, then I'll go buy the stuff
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
I might want to go crossfire in the future, but if this makes the mobo costs way more i would rather spend that money towards the video card
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I have a Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
I am going to assume that I will have to go AMD because I really want a decent video card, I was looking into the 5870 (is that honestly good for games?).
The AMD cpu I checked out was the Phenom II X4 955 for $161 at newegg.ca with free shipping!
I haven't used AMD or ATI since Half-Life 2 came out, after that I went INTEL with NVIDIA video cards. Is AMD still viable for gaming?
Thanks for your help.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
GAMING all the way. I currently play COD MW2 (runs great) and Starcraft 2 (not so great, but i am not the only one here). I would probably try the new FF XIV, my benchmark results are not that good; looking forward to playing Mafia 2 and later Deus EX with very decent graphic settings
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1000 tax and shipping included
3) Where do you live?
Ottawa, Canada
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
I need CPU, RAM, Motherboard, Video Card (Priority)
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I will be reusing my PSU, which is a CORSAIR TX750W; my DVD burner and hard drives (WD 74GB 10k RPM and 640gb 7200rpm)
6) Will you be overclocking?
No.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I have a 23" Acer 1920x1080, keeping this
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
I read what you guys have to say, then I'll go buy the stuff
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
I might want to go crossfire in the future, but if this makes the mobo costs way more i would rather spend that money towards the video card
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I have a Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
I am going to assume that I will have to go AMD because I really want a decent video card, I was looking into the 5870 (is that honestly good for games?).
The AMD cpu I checked out was the Phenom II X4 955 for $161 at newegg.ca with free shipping!
I haven't used AMD or ATI since Half-Life 2 came out, after that I went INTEL with NVIDIA video cards. Is AMD still viable for gaming?
Thanks for your help.