Need help trying to retrieve some data off a raid 0 setup hi,

Airbrushkid

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,576
Hi,
I have system that for some reason list video and tried everything to get it back. The system has a raid 0 setup with 2 ssd's. I am assuming that the ssd's are fine. And want to retrieve some data. Is there a way?
 
I've changed video cards, memory. All the right post codes shows on boot. Just no video.
 
Have you tried another monitor?
Does the monitor you have work with another PC/Laptop?
Maybe try another video cable.
Maybe try HDMI to a TV.
 
I have a triple monitor setup and they all work. The video cards are not working in the any of the slots that's why I tried different video cards. As for as I can figure the board is gone. I have a new system that will be up and running in 2 weeks I hope.
 
Do you have some other system with the same chipset (or from the same manufacturer Intel/AMD) that you can install the ssds into?
 
With the Nvidia RAID it will be hard to recover the data, unless you have another motherboard with the same chipset. As far as I know. :(

If the data is important maybe you can find the same motherboard on Ebay for cheap.

Sorry I couldn't help.
 
If the post codes are fine, does the bios see the raid setup?
If it does, let the PC 'boot' and try to ping it from another machine, if you can do that, maybe you can get to c$ to get the data.
Otherwise, you'll have to get there days from your most recent backup :D
 
Haha well with no video you cannot see any screen. So that means I cannot see bios to tell. As for post codes you can see them on the motherboard.
 
Back
Top