bushwickbill
n00b
- Joined
- Sep 22, 2007
- Messages
- 7
Hi all.
I am currently looking for the best idea for the most gaming performance I can get.
I just won two 1GB sticks of Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz Ram but my MOBO does not support it.
So I think I will sell the DRR3 Ram along with my C2D E6400 and XEON 3070 to try and buy the Best CPU i can get.
So am I better off going with a C2D 8600 or E8400 instead of a Q6600 or Q6700?
A quad would future proof my Rig a bit more than a C2D wouldn't it? Or should I just go with a really fast C2D
Please keep in mind that I am running four 1GB sticks of G-Skill DDR2 800Mhz Ram so I can't run my FSB too high right?
I am not too up to date on all the newest Intel CPU's or which ones give the Best gaming performance.
I do have a Zalman CNPS 9500 to fit onto whichever CPU I get.
So can someone please tell me what CPU will give what kind of performance over the other?
I do know that a fast C2D will be better in games right now over a slower Quad, But can't
you Overclock a Q6600 or Q6700 into the 3.5Ghz area?
I know as the games become more CPU demanding, Having four Cores will help out more then.
But how much more? Thanx for any and all help.
I am not totally stuck on the getting a new CPU. But how well can a XEON 3070 Overclock compared to what I can sell it for along with my E6400 and buy a new one?
I am currently looking for the best idea for the most gaming performance I can get.
I just won two 1GB sticks of Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz Ram but my MOBO does not support it.
So I think I will sell the DRR3 Ram along with my C2D E6400 and XEON 3070 to try and buy the Best CPU i can get.
So am I better off going with a C2D 8600 or E8400 instead of a Q6600 or Q6700?
A quad would future proof my Rig a bit more than a C2D wouldn't it? Or should I just go with a really fast C2D
Please keep in mind that I am running four 1GB sticks of G-Skill DDR2 800Mhz Ram so I can't run my FSB too high right?
I am not too up to date on all the newest Intel CPU's or which ones give the Best gaming performance.
I do have a Zalman CNPS 9500 to fit onto whichever CPU I get.
So can someone please tell me what CPU will give what kind of performance over the other?
I do know that a fast C2D will be better in games right now over a slower Quad, But can't
you Overclock a Q6600 or Q6700 into the 3.5Ghz area?
I know as the games become more CPU demanding, Having four Cores will help out more then.
But how much more? Thanx for any and all help.
I am not totally stuck on the getting a new CPU. But how well can a XEON 3070 Overclock compared to what I can sell it for along with my E6400 and buy a new one?