Need HELP new PS3 isn't working right.....

Mac[X-D]

[H]ard|Gawd
So i had a day booked off so after doing some erands i wanted to play some R6:Vegas 2 on my new PS3, so i fire it up select continue for last check point, and it just sits there with please wait, so i get up to grab a coffee and go to the washroom and i come back to the same screen.

no response with controller, but i pressed ps button and was able to quit the game, so i turn off my PS3 and back go through the same process with the same result,

So now i am thinking something is wrong i put in resistance fall of man, load up my last save and it works fine.

back to R6V2 but this time i skip story mode got to terrorist hunt that works, play threee maps just to make sure, so i try story mode again, still no worky.

delete my saved game, (that pissed me off) try again no luck, delete the game entirly and reinstall, story mode still doesn't work, WTF!

so is this a problem with my PS3 which is 5 days old, or the game do you think, i am sure i could go back to BB and get it exchanged without issue.

so what do you guys think? has this been a issue with other titles?

I had resistance FOM hang last night on me, a simple reboot solved that. looks like your not that lucky, the only thing i can recomend is trying the game in another console or check the disk for any imperfections/scratches ect.

Also is your ps3 well ventalated? I dont think its a PS3 problem but there may be something wrong with that disk.

well i have tried cleaning the disk and i can't see a scratch of any kind, but yet other games work ok

and like i said i can play terrorist hunt just not story mode,

i think one of our aprentices at work has R6V2 for the PS3 i will ask him to bring me his disk and i will see if it that. its that or pack it up and take it back.

Mac[X-D];1032309943 said:
i think one of our aprentices at work has R6V2 for the PS3 i will ask him to bring me his disk and i will see if it that. its that or pack it up and take it back.

That was going to be my suggestion. Since you have no problems with your other games, I would think it was the disk not your PS3.

That was going to be my suggestion. Since you have no problems with your other games, I would think it was the disk not your PS3.

yea i find it hard to belive that its a hardware issue, since i just got done playing Resistance FoM for over a hour

but for shits and giggles i called sony's tech support and they don't think its hardware either, for the same reasons if other games play ok

i sure was sweating it though, i just got this thing and from everything i read before i bought the PS3, was that it was almost bulit proof and here in 5 days i was having a issue, oh well i will try another disk and if it doesn't fix the issue then i will take it back and get it exchanged.

One of my friends had this happen with R6V2. Our differences are that he was using a BT headset while I'm using wired, and he's using wireless networking while I'm using wired.

This happened to him twice so far, and we've played the game online together a number of times. His PS3 works fine for everything else.

My 360 version of the game did this as well during story mode. Tried to load a saved game and it just locked, I had to select the checkpoint prior to my saved game and it never happened again.

well i went out tonight and went to BB and exchanged R6V2 they gave me a new copy with out issue, and i bought burnout paradise, so i get home finaly and try out, and gess what it still doesn't work.

delete all content again, install again, still same thing, so i try once more, but this time i don't install the update, i cancel that part and let them game do its thing, and now it works, its the patch causing the problem, and i never thought to not to install it.

so if anyone else has this issue in anyway don't install the patch.

Back