Need Help In Replacing Our Cable Company!

hititnquitit

2[H]4U
Fubu, Hulu TV, or something else? Which is the best option to replace cable with out there? I have no experience with streaming services other than Amazon, Netflix and Disney. We were just forced to switch to a wifi modem and streaming TV. It's a glitchy mess. The wife hates it with a passion. She records tons of TV shows to bypass the commercials and with the switch, lost countless hours of recorded movies and shows. With the new service she cant bypass the commercials. Once you rewind to the beginning of a show you aren't able to FF past commercials...yeah. Any help in finding an alternative is greatly appreciated!

EDIT- if there's a better section to move this to please do :)

what service are you using now ?
that would suck to not be able to ff through commercials.........
we have spectrum and it's expensive, been thinking about switching to direct tv ...

what service are you using now ?
that would suck to not be able to ff through commercials.........
we have spectrum and it's expensive, been thinking about switching to direct tv ...
We have buckeye broadband, absolutely tone deaf company. It too is expensive but it's also a very low quality streaming service. I mean even the tiny remote is trash. Not being able to ff is the last straw for the wife. She can't find anything she likes about the new service, I could go on and on.

I didn't realize DirecTV was still around. I'll add them to the list, thanks for the suggestion!

The wife wants to give fubo fubus free trial (whatever it's called) a try for a week.

You just need to get better stuff. A Tivo on Verizon or Comcast works very well, still.

Go outside, chop wood, work in the shop, cost less, great exercise and no commercials.
Pfft omg that's funny, picturing the old lady in Carhartt bibs choppin wood and working on stuff in my shop. Hahaha, nope I don't think she would have any of that.

You just need to get better stuff. A Tivo on Verizon or Comcast works very well, still.
Butteye is the only cable company available in our area sadly. There's also the outrageous monopolized price that's killing me. $200+ a month for a majority of channels she doesn't care about. Along with the constant glitching with this new service has her ready to drop kick the modem and I'm tired of paying for it.

Butteye is the only cable company available in our area sadly. There's also the outrageous monopolized price that's killing me. $200+ a month for a majority of channels she doesn't care about. Along with the constant glitching with this new service has her ready to drop kick the modem and I'm tired of paying for it.

Yeah, but you still might be able to use a TIVO. You need a cablecard for that and the cable companies don't like that, but to my understanding regulations force them to offer cablecards.

Yeah, but you still might be able to use a TIVO. You need a cablecard for that and the cable companies don't like that, but to my understanding regulations force them to offer cablecards.
Cablecards...I will have to check into that. Thanks for the heads up!

between discovery+ and hulu I'm pretty set.
I have access to disney, HBO Max, paramount, crunchyroll and peacock but I dont really use any of them to be honest. straight cancelled netflix.

I dumped my cable service about 8 years ago.

How is your internet service? We decided a few years ago to just ditch cable TV altogether and up the internet speeds from 100 to 500 MB/S. Ordered a HDHomeRun a good attic antenna, and NVIDIA Shield TV Pro and haven't looked back. Hooked an external SSD to it to record shows using the Live Channes app that is part of Android TV, but they stopped updating it quite ahwile ago. Still works fine...for now. HDHomeRun has a DVR service for $35/yr if you want to go that route as well and use their app instead of Live Channels.

Took some getting used to, but only a few months of no cable TV bill helped lol. Between OTA channels, Amazon Prime, and Pluto TV...I'm more than content.

Our Internet is 220mb I believe (no idea what up is). It's pretty solid I don't think we've ever had a problem with that. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to check those out. I just heard about something called vsee pro v2 as well but I've no real idea what it entails tbh.

We just signed up with the hulu+ disney+ espn+ deal tonight for $76.99 but I haven't tried it out yet. If the wife likes it we'll likely stick with it. So far she's kinda meh

Back