• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help... Has my PSU died?

Leito360

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
70
Hello... well... I just wake up and turned on my system... it seemed to load desktop without issues, so I went to brush my teeth... when I came back, the system was turned off, and the lights of the mobo, VGA, and other system lights were blinking.

I tried to press the power up button but nothing happened, after that I tried to boot with only one memory, because I thought that was the problem... but still, nothing happened.

I disconnected every connector and tried to boot the PSU manually, shirting the green and black wires, and still nothing.

The funny thing is that if I reconnect all the connectors and touch something like a USB hub I receive a discharge... so the system IS receiving power.

The system is in my signature... does anyone has any ideas what´s going on?
The PSU wasn´t at load or anything like that.
 
XFX are made by Seasonic so they should all be good. Try another PSU.
 
If you're still having trouble and its failing the paperclip test. make a ticket at xfxsupport.com and ill take a look and proceed with RMA servicing if possible.

Mark at XFX
 
if the PSU is failing the paperclips test, unconnected from anything else beside the wall plug, its dead. RMA it
 
Back
Top