• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need help from a Benq FP241W User

TheKing

n00b
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
16
For some unknown reason, all my factory settings on the Benq FP241W has gone wild, maybe caused by static or something. This has resulted the color in my VGA input changed dramatically to the point I can't clearly view the text. Can some Benq FP241W user pls help and post your factory config, so I can at least return the monitor to a usable level?

To enter factory mode, power off the monitor. Then, hold both ENTER & MENU buttons. While holding these 2 buttons, power on the monitor. Wait a few seconds and press DOWN ARROW, a menu should pop up like this, pls give me the numeric values. Your help is highly appreciated.

Code:
White Balance: 
Burnin:
Power Status:
Rgain:       Ggain:       Bgain:
Roffset:       Goffset:       Boffset

Pls also provide the sRGB values under Color settings.
Code:
Red:
Green:
Blue:
 
Mine is a VW, so I don't know if the same settings are used, but here you go:

White Balance: 281
Burnin: Off
Power Status: Off
Rgain: 99 Ggain: 99 Bgain: 99

Roffset: 127 Goffset: 127 Boffset: 131

We don't get an sRGB mode. We do get a standard mode: R:47, G: 49: B:45

Good luck,

10e
 
FP241W here:
White Bal: 562
Burnin: Off
Power Status: Off
Rgain: 99 Ggain:99 Bgain 99
Roffset: 137 Goffset: 129 Boffset: 139

sRGB mode:
Red: 49
Green: 50
Blue: 47
 
I now discovered why my factory settings was gone. Each time I use the component input on the Benq, all values in factory settings would be changed to 127 (such as Rgain, Ggain, etc) and this has caused the shift of color. Even I remove the component input and switch to VGA, all those factory values stay as 127. This mean I would have to manually modify the factory values back to the original value each time I use the component input. Can someone help me to confirm wether you've encountered the same problem with component input? I don't know if I should take it to Benq for service.
 
I have used the component input with my 360 and I haven't seen that issue, as you can see my BenQ's red, green and blue gains are normal, like ClockDogg's.

I am thinking you have some issue with your firmware.

Regards,

10e
 
10e, thanks again for the help. I don't know why my montor behaves like this. Since I don't use the component input too much, I won't be bothering to send it for service.
 
Hello,

i'm new on this nice and helpfull forum. Since 3 days i have this beautifull Benq TFT and i'm very satisfied with it.

But one question is left: how can i change the entries in the service menu and is there any benefit in changing them ? Especially the white balance. What does this mean? I have the value 19.
 
I would probably recommend that you don't change the entries in the service menu for this monitor. There is always the possibility that you can change them to the point where it stops working properly.

I think out of all the entries, the only one I'd touch is "burn in" which likely has some burn in protection.

Regards,

10e


Hello,

i'm new on this nice and helpfull forum. Since 3 days i have this beautifull Benq TFT and i'm very satisfied with it.

But one question is left: how can i change the entries in the service menu and is there any benefit in changing them ? Especially the white balance. What does this mean? I have the value 19.
 
Thanks for Your reply!

But HOW (with which button) can i change an entry? This seems to be different from the normal menu, right?
 
Sorry, my mistake. To change the entries is the same way as in the normal menu.
The number by "white balance" is only the operation time :)
 
I also don't know what the White Balance actually does, but the thing is the White Balance keeps increasing everyday I checked. It was at 562 when I bought it in Feb 2008 and now it becomes 901 today, and keeps increasing everyday. It will go over a thousand in about a month.
 
Just checked mine again today, and while none of the offset or gains have changed, the white balance has increased to 341 from 281.

Maybe this is normal?

I don't see much difference in it from before.

Regards,

10e
 
Back
Top