I built a nice i5 machine for my Nephew back in April as follows

Intel i5 2400
Asus p8h67-m le
g.skill ripjaws 2 x 2gb kit
wd 500gig caviar blue
corsair builders series v2 500w
sapphire radeon 6750
win7 64bit Home edition

It has been runnig flawlessly since the initial build. Last week while watching a streaming video the machine BSOD's on him and re-starts. It happanes again and decides it must be a virus so he takes it to a local shop, they clean his system and return it.

After 30 mins it bsod's again. So, after this happened at various time between 15mins and 60+mins I was thinking video card over heating, we take it out and use the onboard, same issue. I run memtest version 4.2 and the ram passes 100%. I try a spare pair or ram and all variations of each stick in either ram slot same result.

I have to head out for a bnit and leave the pc on for 3 hrs, upon returning home the pc is still on. I look a couple of things that require updating so I plug in my network cable and the machine insta-bsod's!!!! I am sure there is a bios update we can do, there may be a video driver update but I highly doubt that these would cause the latest bsod upon plugging in the network cable!

The win7 even info is as follows;

BCCode: 76
BCP1: 000000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80066EE060
BCP3: 000000000000000033
BCP4: 000000000000000000

Help!!!!!

TIA!

Try leaving the PC disconnected from the net and use it for a few hours. Gotta rule out for sure if the NIC is the issue.

it has been un-connected to the net the whole time and it has bsod'd 3 times. I am starting to think its time s for a wipe ad re-install now that I see he has been down loading a lot of torrents.

Thoughts? He also doesn't have any proper anti-virus programs other than freeware crap. Does anyone have any experience with Panda? He got a copy of nortons 2010 with the mobo, is that a full version and can he use that? I want him to have a proper firewall, anti-virus and anti-malware.

Last edited:
Back