Need help C2D overclocking

Rycon

Weaksauce
Alright, Im very computer savy but a bit new to overclocking (Expecialy a CPU).

I just built my first custom computer, heres what I got

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300
GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express
G.Skill F2-6400CL5S-1GBNQ 1GB (2x 512MB) DDR2 800 RAM
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 400GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
eVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB PCI-Express
XClio 450BL ATX 450W Power Supply

In my case I have 2 fans to help with the cooling (Going to add more) but for the CPU it is stock cooling.

Im looking to overclock my setup, but i want it to be stable, im not looking to reach a record or push it to the limit.

A guide would be most helpfull, but ive tried reading a guide on the internet and I couldnt understand a few things like the Ram Timing.

I guess theres some software that comes with the MBO for overclocking, is this any good to use?

Any information is most apreciated, thank you.

Not a guru here, but with some experience. You should be able to go into your board BIOS and increase the FSB from 800 to say 850 and test in 50Mhz increments for stability. I wouldn't really be worrying about ram timings until you start overclocking aggressively.

Maybe another guru can help with timings. I would visit your board forums for tips on how to overclock.

Your board is the same as a DS3, this should get you started, not quite finished yet but the bios setup is a good place to start. look thru the entire post as I was unable to have it all in order as people started posting, and I did not realize it was going to be the size of a russian novel.

If you have not installed your board yet the best thing you can do is to remove the MCH/Northbridge HS and apply AS5.

The MCH/Northbridge on these boards gets just as overclocked as the cpu and can/will limit your OC unless cooled. Find a fan for it too, there are several posts on NB coolers and anything will do, I ripped a 40mm fan off of an old HD cooler and glued it on, does not have to be fancy.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1030795318

Holy...

Good freaking god that is a russian novel.

Well this sux, it looks like you did a very good job on the guide, but the amount of information here is insane, your saying not everything is compiled in your guide? It seems to have peices of guides everywhere, I mean I have no problem taking the time to do this (You cant just rush this crap) and I would have no problem following the guide, but if the guide isnt completly compiled and i have to read all 4 pages of that I will go insane.

In any case, thanx for the guide, and thanx for taking the time to create such a novel, lol, I cant imagine the time it took to write all that, and im whining about reading. lol.

Back