• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need help building a pc.

Zenprophet

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
80
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc Gaming, Diablo III, and wow. I would also like to use photoshop and possibly video editing.
I intend to run the game on the max settings and use fraps to record. I want to get the best fps
with fraps that I can. I've tried with a prebuilt acer AM3470g-uw10p and it was unplayable with fraps.
***
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
***$500 before tax/shipping.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
US, Grayson, ky.
***
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need. CPU, Ram, Case, video card, power supply, mobo.
***
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model. Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, and a st350041 8as scsi 500 gb hard drive.
***
6) Will you be overclocking? No
***
7) 7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it? 21 inch HP 2009 model wide lcd monitor.
***
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Between 5/4 - 5/13
***
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc. Honestly, I'm not sure. I've only tried to build a pc once and had a bad experience with that the motherboard was DOA. I do like the thought of usb 2.0 and 3.0 as well as an onboard video as a back up atleast.
***
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit? I do have a legit copy of windows 7 home professional on my current HD.
***
 
Last edited:
Well I can't purchase anything tonight, but, I will try to make the purchase in a few hours if the deal is still there. I'll check back on the forums in about 7 hours.

Thanks so much for the reply.
Zen.
 
Let us know if you couldn't take advantage of that deal.
 
Ok I just checked the site again and it looks like I've missed out on that deal on the power supply.
 
$125 - Intel Core i3-2120
$90 - Intel BOXDH67CLB3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 ATX Motherboard
$38 - G.Skill Value Series F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
$140 - PowerColor AX6850 GBD5-DH Radeon HD 6850 1GB PCI-E Video Card
$53 - Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W PSU
$50 - NZXT Source 210 Elite Black ATX Case
----
Total: $496 shipped.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit? I do have a legit copy of windows 7 home professional on my current HD.
***
???

Home Professional? Is that a version of 7 under testing?
Also, do you have the 32bit or 64bit version?
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top