• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need fan reccomendations for P182

Dra

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2004
Messages
196
Hey guys, I need some help choosing fans for my P182 (4 total, 2 intake, 2 exhaust). I plan on changing out the stock TriCools with some better fans, but I really don't know where to start. First off, should I get four identical fans with the same CFM or a combination of higher and lower CFM fans for intake and exhaust?

So far I've been looking at the Slip Streams and Yate Loons. Anyways, any help is appreciated.

Also, I'd like to keep my pc from getting too loud as much as possible =)

Thanks in advance
 
id say put a high flow silent fan on top of the case.. then one thats just a little slower on the back.. then the two front ones are your choice.. the bottom one by the psu isnt as important can pretty much put what ever you want down there.. and i have no clue where your putting the 4th one since i dont have a p182 case to look at infront of me and the picture on newegg sucks.. so its pretty much your choice on what to put there.. it really just depends on how much airflow to sound ratio you want..
 
Not sure which fans you should use, I currently use clear tri cools set to medium.(the ones which came with my case did not have motherboard three pin connectors and I had the clears which did) Basically this seems to be more of a question of which fans are best and it really depends on what you are going for... is silence or temp. more important?

Four fans should work fine, loons are reasonable fans but I believe slight more expensive fans have replaced them when it comes to max silent performance. I would order four/five and start with three. The fourth fan can be added where the main compartment hard disks would normally go. You can add it either to the front or the back of the cage. Hmmm makes me wonder if you can use the power supply header for a 4th fan... and wonder how much adding the 4th fan would lower temps!
 
I use 3 Antec TriCool fans (they came with the case). Aside from that, I would recommend the medium speed Yate Loons. If you are looking to keep the system very quiet, you can check out the low-speed fans. Scythe S-Flex fans are often sworn by but they are much more expensive ~$13-17 each.
 
I have Noctua fans on both of my rigs and they are more expensive, but believe it is worth it. If you don't want/need the bling, they are great case coolers.

Yate and Scythe are great too, but I am a fan favorite of Noctua.

My two cents.
 
The best/cheapest ones I have found are the Yate Loon. High CFM and low noise.
 
I've used the Yate Loons and now have Scythe Slipstream 1,200 RPM w/ fan controller. I've been really happy with the Scythe fans. That's what I would recommend anyway.

I have the Noctua P12's on my HTPC (NSK-2480) in the living room and I HATE them. The are FAR from quiet even with the LNA and ULNA. I actually have 2 Slipstreams ready to replace them.
 
dont mean to thread crash...what parts do you all have in your p182's

looking to build an i7 system with 4870x2 or gtx280 (or refreshed if out by time i7 are sold at newegg)

thanks for your time
 
I use 3 Antec TriCool fans (they came with the case). Aside from that, I would recommend the medium speed Yate Loons. If you are looking to keep the system very quiet, you can check out the low-speed fans. Scythe S-Flex fans are often sworn by but they are much more expensive ~$13-17 each.

I run all D12SM12s in my p180 and she stays nice and cool and is whisper quiet. Highly recommended, especially for the price.
 
Scythe SlipStreams are awesome. They're also SPCR's current preferred fans.
 
Back
Top