• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Direction for Fall purchase

FerraraZ

Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
578
So my PC's CPU is fried and now I need to replace the CPU except it was an LGA 775 and for the cost of a Intel Core 2 Quad I'd rather spend it on an AM3 motherboard and processor. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good deals being that its black November. It kills me that my 5870 is just sitting here collecting dust. I'm on a tight budget of hopefully less than 400 and was hoping someone knew of a CPU+MOBO+RAM(if DDR3 is needed, I have DDR2) deals. Thanks!
 
I got a cpu/mobo/ddr3 ram combo for about 320 on newegg using the AMD platform.

The money went approx:

Mobo: $65
CPU: $170
Ram: $65

Just look around. Its very easy to find a good one with AMD. Try to use their combo deals.
 
- How much DDR2 RAM do you have now?
- What PSU do you have now?
- What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
- Will you be overclocking?
 
- I have 4 gb's of ddr2 now
- 680w power supply by coolermaster I think
- dont need anything exceptional as far as features for the motherboard
- will not be overclocking
 
Which Coolermaster 680W PSU do you have?
Do you have any desire or need at all to expand past 4GB of RAM?
 
Back
Top