Need build help with $475

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Web browsing, gaming, photoshop, multimedia
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$475 with tax and shipping
3) Where do you live?
Fresno, CA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU, RAM, Case, GPU, DVD drive, PSU, Wifi card
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
No
6) Will you be overclocking? Most likely
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
23 in @ 1920*1080
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc. It doesn't really matter, but xfire would be nice
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what --OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit but ? yeah, Windows 7 x64

$60 - AMD Athlon II X2 250 CPU
$55 - Biostar A880G+ AMD 880G mATX Motherboard
$36 - Patriot PSD34G13332 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
$125 - XFX HD-577X-ZNLC Radeon HD 5770 1GB PCI-E Video Card
$44 - Western Digital WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$20 - Sony AD-7261S-0B SATA DVD Burner
$60 - Corsair 500CX 500W PSU
$40 - Cooler Master Elite 310 RC-310-BWN-GP ATX Case
$28 - Asus PCE-N13 Wireless Adapter
----
Total: $468 shipped

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks danny bui for your build. I'd probably get this ram. If you want to know what my final price is after tax and shipping, use my zip code of 93720. Your build creates a good starting point, but I'll look around on forums for cheap used cpus

Thanks danny bui for your build. I'd probably get this ram. If you want to know what my final price is after tax and shipping, use my zip code of 93720.
Personally wouldn't go with that RAM since it limits you to 4GB of RAM. Note that mobo that I selected has 2 RAM slots. Hence why I went with a single stick of 4GB of RAM which will allow you to upgrade to 8GB of RAM later one.
Your build creates a good starting point, but I'll look around on forums for cheap used cpus

If you can find a Phenom II CPU or a Athlon II X3 or X4 CPU for the same price as that Athlon II X2 250 CPU, it'll be a good buy.

Amazon does have Athlon X3s for $74 and X4s for $100 right now if you're wondering what they go for new. For gaming, the extra $15 for the third core and extra clockspeed (plus chance at unlocking the fourth core) might be worth your while. However, if you can find used ones from a source you trust, go for it and save some money.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back