• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Advice! Which Quad for my server?

min2

n00b
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
1
I am building a quad core server mostly for file serving and hosting VMs. The priority for this system is energy efficiency (NO overclocking). My issue is that I own a Q6600 G0 stepping but was debating about selling it and getting a Q9400. Will I see a huge savings in electricy by switching? My understanding is that both processors draw about .85 volts idle but the Q9400 draws less power under load. Since this machine is a server, it will probably be idling 95% of the time even with multiple VMs running. The motherboard I am using is a Foxconn p45 micro-atx with ICH10R which I believe is a very energy efficient board. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
Back
Top