Need advice on system crashing

Cold Dark Shadow

[H]F Junkie
as of late my comp crashes when i do any kind of gaming (mostly while playing Loadout) complete crash, the annoying loud RRRRRRR and either a black screen or more so a red or an orange screen. Streaming web stuff watching video ect its all good, only happens when gaming and at varying times. Some times 10 minutes in or less then a minute. Was playing borderlands 2 the other day and it didnt happen at all.

Rig specs
AMD Phenom II X4 B55
XION Supernova XON-600F14R-201 600W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply
BIOSTAR TA870U3+ AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
8GB Patriot S5 Viper II PGV34G1600ELK RAM
eVGA 750 Ti SC (only a couple weeks old EDIT: just checked the packing slip guessive had it a couple months, man time flies)

Last edited:
Use the onboard video and play games.
Try the video card in a different PC and play games there.

See what happens

Well my hunches so far:

1) Your card is defective
2) Your motherboard can't handle all 75W of power being drawn through the PCI-E slot due to age and/or low quality
3) Xion isn't known for making decent PSUs.
4) Your CPU cooling is inadequate.

i was kinda leaning towards the card, cause when i first got it all was good and prior to my last card giving up the ghost everything was running great. If it is the card that would suck, i seem to have to RMA almost every new eVGA card i get.

CPU cooling wise im running corsair water cooling unit, cant remember the model tho

It could be the board tho too. never ran just a PCI powered card on it, but id think id have issue right off the bat if the board wasnt up to par or maybe not i dont know

Ran OCCT get a little over a minute in (1:20) vid crashes.
Looking at my packing slip i guess ive had the card for a couple months, not weeks.didnt think i got it that long ago..
kindda thinking i should have picked up a R7 265 or a R9 270X... think i still might

Last edited:
Back