want to know the best setup for this system
Case-Corsair 7000D airflow
Cpu- I9-13900k
Gpu- RX-6800 XT Merc 319
MB- Asus ROG Strix Z790-E
Ram -Corsair Vengeance DDR5-64GB
Have air cooler NH-D15 chromax black
want to liquid cool but not high db
didn't put toghether yet but would like to get 6.0 if possible?
Please advice from the experts
Thank-You

want to know the best setup for this system
Case-Corsair 7000D airflow
Cpu- I9-13900k
Gpu- RX-6800 XT Merc 319
MB- Asus ROG Strix Z790-E
Ram -Corsair Vengeance DDR5-64GB
Have air cooler NH-D15 chromax black
want to liquid cool but not high db
didn't put toghether yet but would like to get 6.0 if possible?
Please advice from the experts
Thank-You

What do you mean by getting to 6.0? 6db? Or 6C (coolant over ambient?)

Please clarify!

As far as water cooling goes, it can get pretty quiet, but 6db is maybe not possible.

You will still have fans, but the more radiator capacity you add, the slower the fans can run, and they will be quieter. Try ti find ways to shove as many radiators as possible in there., and put fans on both sides of them in push-pull configuration. More fans slower (like in push-pull) will be quieter than fewer fans faster.

Space is always going to be at a premium. Usually it doesn't make sense to go thicker than 45mm thick radiators at most. I'd take a 30mm or 45mm thick radiator with fans in push-pull over a super thick (like Alphacools Monsta line) with a single fan.

The pump(s) will also make some noise. Most of this comes from lack of vibration isolation to the case. The pump transfers some of its vibration to the sheet metal, then the sheet metal vibrates and that is where most of the noise in water loops comes from if you don't isolate it well. Try to find really sturdy parts of the case to mount the pumps to where vibration will be less of an issue. Also use rubber grommets, etc. to isolate pump vibration from the case.

Build a loop that is very very quiet at idle is easy. Use PWM pumps and PWM fans and control the speed on both so you only use what you absolutely have. Using a controller like an Aquaero will help, especially since Aquaero's can use set point controllers instead of fan curves, allowing fan (and pump) speeds to be lower at idle than a curve based controller would. These can be a little pricy though, but totally worth it. You don't need the fancy Aquaero 6 XT version with the screen and the remote. That is overkill and doesn't really help much with temps. The Aquarero 6 LT will do just fine.

I'd just try to cram as many radiators in that case as possible, use PWM controllable pump(s) and fans and try to go for push-pull fna configurations hwerever they will fit (though this is not always possible due to interference with the motherboard, etc.)

Also, don't try to build separate loops for the GPU and CPU. This will make it noisier. Combining the GPU and CPU in the same loop is more efficient from a radiator and fan perspective and will make it both cooler and quieter.

What do you mean by getting to 6.0? 6db? Or 6C (coolant over ambient?)

Please clarify!

As far as water cooling goes, it can get pretty quiet, but 6db is maybe not possible.

You will still have fans, but the more radiator capacity you add, the slower the fans can run, and they will be quieter. Try ti find ways to shove as many radiators as possible in there., and put fans on both sides of them in push-pull configuration. More fans slower (like in push-pull) will be quieter than fewer fans faster.

Space is always going to be at a premium. Usually it doesn't make sense to go thicker than 45mm thick radiators at most. I'd take a 30mm or 45mm thick radiator with fans in push-pull over a super thick (like Alphacools Monsta line) with a single fan.

The pump(s) will also make some noise. Most of this comes from lack of vibration isolation to the case. The pump transfers some of its vibration to the sheet metal, then the sheet metal vibrates and that is where most of the noise in water loops comes from if you don't isolate it well. Try to find really sturdy parts of the case to mount the pumps to where vibration will be less of an issue. Also use rubber grommets, etc. to isolate pump vibration from the case.

Build a loop that is very very quiet at idle is easy. Use PWM pumps and PWM fans and control the speed on both so you only use what you absolutely have. Using a controller like an Aquaero will help, especially since Aquaero's can use set point controllers instead of fan curves, allowing fan (and pump) speeds to be lower at idle than a curve based controller would. These can be a little pricy though, but totally worth it. You don't need the fancy Aquaero 6 XT version with the screen and the remote. That is overkill and doesn't really help much with temps. The Aquarero 6 LT will do just fine.

I'd just try to cram as many radiators in that case as possible, use PWM controllable pump(s) and fans and try to go for push-pull fna configurations hwerever they will fit (though this is not always possible due to interference with the motherboard, etc.)

Also, don't try to build separate loops for the GPU and CPU. This will make it noisier. Combining the GPU and CPU in the same loop is more efficient from a radiator and fan perspective and will make it both cooler and quieter.
Thank-You, 6.0 on Cpu and water cooler at a low db on noise for a 420 mm rad AIO setup. Need advice on the cooler, Corsair 170 or one of the others ?
Thank-You

Thank-You, 6.0 on Cpu and water cooler at a low db on noise for a 420 mm rad AIO setup. Need advice on the cooler, Corsair 170 or one of the others ?
Thank-You

I still don't understand what you mean by 6.0.

Degrees? Decibels? GHz?

Please use units or explain. And my bad, I thought you were building a custom loop. Many of us here don't think of AIO's as "water cooling"

As far as AIO goes, same pricple (more rad capacity the better) and try to go push- pull to allow fans to move slower.

Other than that, I haven't used an AIO in years, so I'll let others with recent experience with them chime in.

even a 420 isnt going to be quiet trying to push to 6Ghz. youtube vids are showing 95C+ at 5.7/8 with an arctic LF2 420....

even a 420 isnt going to be quiet trying to push to 6Ghz. youtube vids are showing 95C+ at 5.7/8 with an arctic LF2 420....
So, shoud I stick to air with the for normal speed or go watercooling for a better reason? If so for watercooling what is the system that I need that will work the best for the solution ? Thank-You

lol no, air cooling will not be better. embrace the noise if you want 6Ghz, you wont get it otherwise. youll need a full custom setup with more than 420mm of rad, probably 2 x 360/420mm rads to get it "quiet" and even then 6Ghz isnt guaranteed. at least your not trying to jam it into a SFF case...

So, shoud I stick to air with the for normal speed or go watercooling for a better reason? If so for watercooling what is the system that I need that will work the best for the solution ? Thank-You

There is simply less room for overclocking in modern CPU's than there used to be.

These days even with rather big cooling, you are only going to get marginal overclocks. It's sad, but it is just where we are. The manufacturers are much better at maximizing the the capabilities of the silicon out of the box than they used to be.

I don't even bother overclocking my CPU anymore. (Actually right now I'm not overclocking either CPU or GPU which is really weird for me.)

I have a pretty large custom water loop, but for me it is more about reducing fan noise than it is about overclocking these days. Unlike back in the day when 50-100% overclocks were not unheard of, at most you are going to get 5-10% if even that today. That's just not enough to have a huge impact on framerate.

It's just not worth it to me. You may have more time on your hands, have more noise tolerance, and value those 5-10% more than I do though, so your milage may vary.

This is a decision you have to make. We can't make it for you :p

There is simply less room for overclocking in modern CPU's than there used to be.

These days even with rather big cooling, you are only going to get marginal overclocks. It's sad, but it is just where we are. The manufacturers are much better at maximizing the the capabilities of the silicon out of the box than they used to be.

I don't even bother overclocking my CPU anymore. (Actually right now I'm not overclocking either CPU or GPU which is really weird for me.)

I have a pretty large custom water loop, but for me it is more about reducing fan noise than it is about overclocking these days. Unlike back in the day when 50-100% overclocks were not unheard of, at most you are going to get 5-10% if even that today. That's just not enough to have a huge impact on framerate.

It's just not worth it to me. You may have more time on your hands, have more noise tolerance, and value those 5-10% more than I do though, so your milage may vary.

This is a decision you have to make. We can't make it for you :p
thank-you what AIO cooler that is 420 that you recommend ?

thank-you what AIO cooler that is 420 that you recommend ?

I built a custom water loop in 2016, and haven't used an AIO since then, so I won't be well informed on the latest and greatest AIO's. That was almost 7 years ago, after all. A lot has happened since then.

I'll have to let someone else chime in on which AIO to go for.

That said, I have been a huge fan of Corsair AIO's ever since someone in these forums had one leak, and Corsair replaced all of his PC parts for him. Every company has a problem on occasion. What distinguishes between them is how they respond to that problem, and Corsair was standout in that regard. Their customer service is excellent.

Their H170i Elites look pretty nice (well, all the RGB stuff isnt exactly my style, but the specs look good), but I have not read (or viewed as it usually goes these days) any reviews. I bet if you got one and 3 extra fans to run it in push pull you won't be disappointed. They are a bit pricy though. I didn't realize that AIO's had hit the $300 level now. That certainly wasn't the case last time I bought one.

Again, that would be my inclination just based on their excellent history of customer support, but there may be other brands now that I am not familiar with that someone else can speak to.

Oh hey, a 7000D. I'm working on custom looping one myself :D Got a GTR 480 with push/pull on the front, a GTR 360 push/pull on the top (I exterior mounted the rad, 3d printed extension brackets to raise the top grille up, and am working on putting a slim 480mm rad on the side bay with 15mm slim fans.

The secret to lowest temps and lowest noise is max out as much radiators and fans that you can.

Thank-You,
for a AIO cooler what would be the better choice, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420, or the Corsair 170 ? saw that the Corsair uses alot of resources but just want some experts advice?

Back