• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a special PSU ...ideas????.

ZoNe

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
1,046
PSU should be like a laptop brickish short but I need like 450W out of her minimum.

Max dimensions are 2" high 10" long 5" wide.
 
Some additional specs would be helpful. Does it need multiple voltage outputs? 3.3V, 5V, 12V, or just one output like 19V. Can it be external like a power brick or does it have to be enclosed in a system?

And why 450+Watts? What will it be used for? Is it possible that it could be a lower wattage as long as there is sufficient current at the voltage that you need? For instance 30+ Amps on 12V and only 5 Amps on 5V and 3.3V? This example would provide 360 Watts on the 12V rail, with 400 Watts max.

Side note, you might be looking for something like the Shuttle PC63J, 500W its about 8"x3.25"x2"
 
Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys. I am building a custom SSF case and that's all the space I have allowed for PSU.
 
Seasonic SS-500L1U

or any 1U form factor should fit

That's the ticket now I need to find one?

Will this be okay to power

4.5Ghz IB or SB + MCP35X waterpump + 7870 @ 1200Mhz + 1 slim DVD + 2 SSDs + 1 200mm 12V fan + Asrock Z77E-ITX motherboard ?
 
That's the ticket now I need to find one?

Will this be okay to power

4.5Ghz IB or SB + MCP35X waterpump + 7870 @ 1200Mhz + 1 slim DVD + 2 SSDs + 1 200mm 12V fan + Asrock Z77E-ITX motherboard ?

that will be fine the seasonic is best in its class

be warned server form factor psu's are quite basic looking and equipped but that are built to stricter standards then most psu's
 
Looks are no problem. I will sleeve it w/paracord, and mod whole shell with no shell and it will be hidden in compartment I have designed.

Problem is I can't find this anywhere.:(

jonnyguru says reseller price is currently $109.99 but I'll be damned if I can find reseller

Look like I wont be able to.

Value (20% of the final score) - this one's going to be tough. Because these units are not, according to Seasonic, going to be available for retail, nobody has them. Instead, you need to procure them through a Seasonic distributor. That said, the reseller price is currently $109.99. That's actually a pretty good deal compared to the stuff at Newegg, where you can find units this size from the likes of Zippy and FSP for a little more than that. I think I'll go with a 9 here.
 
Last edited:
Don't mean to thread jack, But building a a HTPC in an old DVD player that I liked. I was looking for a slim and staple Power Supply as well. You mentioned a 1U power supply. Is that a form factor for the supply?
 
I checked and my PSU is :>
Seasonic model SS-520H1U Active PFC
10.5 long, 4 wide, 1.75 high

has the 24 pin psu,1 atx p4, 2 pcie, 2 molex, 1 floppy, Ill get some pics later
LINKY
 
I will remove fans anyway and remove PSU case. Way I designed case airflow all air enters through PSU, goes over mobo then to phobia 200mm rad. 1 200 mm fan cools everything.

dwillis - I am leaning toward the single 12V rail. Sorry never had good luck with multirail PSUs when OCing.
 
Back
Top