Need a replacement 939 mobo for cheap!

Shortass

Weaksauce
Alright, my motherboard has been messed up for some time and I'm looking to replace it with a solid pcie, socket 939 motherboard. Some overclockability would be nice but I'm basically interested in a very solid board for as cheap as I can get (without sacrificing too much quality). I have no interest in xfire/sli so that should help..

Geeks.com sells the MSI board in my sig.

As you can see, it's capable of 300HTT

There's a GREAT thread on it on the Anandtech hot deal forums, just search for "MSI" and you'll find it and about 40 posts by me.

$45 shipped I believe. Comes with only the board and I/O back shield, but that's all you need

That's pretty intensely cheap, but from reading a bunch of the posts it and in the motherboard forum there it seems like some people aren't getting such good luck. Last thing I need is another faulty MSI board :(

$75-85 seems like an alright max, though I could potentially go higher if it ensured further stability and offered a decent selection of features.

Just ordered an ASUS and EPOX 939's from the egg. IIRC one was 60 and the other was 80 bucks.

Back