Need a Recommendation on a H2O setup for Dual NV6800 GT's (SLI) and an AMD FX-55

looks great! I like the valve for the fill line, thats a pretty good idea. Looking forward to some more shots as well as some stats!

Idle Temps (nTune)...

IdleTempsm.jpg

Single GPU Load Temps (Running RTHDRIBL & nTune)...

1GPUBurnsm.jpg

Highest GPU Temp (Display Properties) Note that the ambient (RAM) temp is higher than the GPU!

RTHDRIBLsm.jpg

I ran RTHDRIBL for 15 minutes for the above tests. The difference between Idle and Load seems too low... I am installing Half-Life 2 now to test temps with SLI. :D

those are some great temps, you definitely picked your components well. How loud is your system with that setup?

pilotman2004 said:
those are some great temps, you definitely picked your components well. How loud is your system with that setup?

Its audible, but I would say fairly quiet... The only noise I hear are the fans...

thats braided pvc or at least thats what mine says, best stuff i have used evar.....:)
its hard to bend(so it doesnt have the best turn radious.), its harder to kink, doesnt colapse....etc....

Very nice system! I have D-Tek shrouds (old type) and radiators myself . Those heater cores have very good cooling capacity and good flowrate. Very nice machine, wish I had the money to buy myself a gaming rig like that :)

if your cooling the gpu with a maze4 what are you using to cool the ram? just ramsinks?

i'm thinking of doing the same.. but wondering if ramsinks is enough

(7\) said:
if your cooling the gpu with a maze4 what are you using to cool the ram? just ramsinks?

i'm thinking of doing the same.. but wondering if ramsinks is enough

I would recommend using Ramsinks. The NV68 Waterblock is very heavy, expensive, wont work with SLI, kills flow, and does not cool the GPU as well because it also has to cool the RAM. GDDR3 does not require additional cooling. I am able to hit 1.2GHz on my GT's using Ramsinks and no direct airflow over them.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but for a nice rig like that that is the ugliest wiring and tubing management I've ever seen.

Otherwise, very nice temps.

Sideroxylon said:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but for a nice rig like that that is the ugliest wiring and tubing management I've ever seen.

Otherwise, very nice temps.

The wiring does need some help, but the tubing has to be there,I know that tubing doesn't like to bend so I can understand that.
What I don't understand is the need for a res and a fill port? :confused:

He could clean up the tubing by going directly from block to block instead of block to rad to block. Shouldn't make much diff in temps and would be so much cleaner.

MeanieMan said:
The wiring does need some help, but the tubing has to be there,I know that tubing doesn't like to bend so I can understand that.
What I don't understand is the need for a res and a fill port? :confused:

AFAIK its a drain, not a fill port...

Can a fillport attach to the bottom of the loop and still bleed air correctly?

I am going to remove the reservoir from the loop and have ordered a DD Fillport to install in the top of the case. The res has a slow leak around the plastic barbs (plumbers tape was used).

Not much I can do with the wiring as every plug is being used... I guess I could sleeve it, but its closed up inside my case, so I could care less what it looks like. ;)

I have ordered more Tygon tubing, FluidXP+, and some coolsleeves to try and alleviate the kinking. I'll update the thread once I've got all the new stuff installed.

so what are your numbers with overclocking? or are you still waiting to do it?

rogue_jedi said:
so what are your numbers with overclocking? or are you still waiting to do it?

I haven't really had the time to sit down and overclock, test, bump, test, etc...

I am able to run at 2.8GHz stably with 1.575v using a 250FSB and 4x HTT. Temps went up to 42*C Load...

Right now, I'm undervolting (1.36v) at stock which keeps the temps nice and cool around 30*C CPU Idle and 38*C GPU Idle...

Sideroxylon said:
He could clean up the tubing by going directly from block to block instead of block to rad to block. Shouldn't make much diff in temps and would be so much cleaner.

If he took your suggestion he might even see a DECREASE in temps because the water can flow better. I agree that the tubing could use better routing. I would go

PUMP > GPU > GPU > CPU > RAD > RES > RAD > PUMP

That would provide the cleanest routing of the tubing, and also the least amount of tubing freeing up restriction and allowing better flow. The better flow would then increase the thermal transfer of the heat from the processors into the water, therefore providing better cooling.

Wow. Cable management is your friend =).

I must admit, that is definately one pimpin' WC setup.

Josh_Hayes: I think i found my next case, i was going to buy the 73SLB which is the older version with a door, but i like love the revisions they did to the case...

Its a very nice case, just be aware that a BIP or BIX will not fit in the back 120mm space with a PSU installed.

Back