• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a powersupply for this build

Dende

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
396
I am building a system in this http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1301246 thread and I need to find a powersupply that will work with all the hardware listed.

6 hard drives (4 in raid 5 and 2 in raid 0), 2 dvd drives, 1 8800gts, 512 video card, 4 gig of ram, and one usb pci card. I will also have LOTS of fan's (if the case has a spot for a fan it WILL have a fan in it hehe).

I want something that will be running NONE stop for weeks on end I don't care what it sounds like as long as its reliable and will support all the hardware I have.
 
If modular cabling is important than the corsair 620HX might be a good idea. It should handle the load okay, and will be a bit tidier in the case. If money is no object you could also go up to the 1000W HX unit from corsair, it's overkill, but you might have the cash to throw around I do not.
 
Thanks guys I apreciate the help :) Modular isn't a big deal to me but money sure is HAHA so I think the 750tx is a perfict fit :).

Again thanks for the help :)
 
Back
Top