• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a new webhost. Recommendations?

coolrunnings

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
511
I currently have been having a insane number of issues with my web hosting company. They can not seem to keep my websites stable, online, and handle billing correctly. As a result, I am now in the market for a new hosting company. I have 5 websites that don't get an awful lot of traffic but need to stay secure. Here are my requirements:

1. Linux hosting
2. Perl and PHP support + ability to send email.
3. FTP or some other access to upload files and CGI scripts.
4. Decent support by English-speaking people who can understand technical questions and address them promptly.
5. Reasonable cost - I'm thinking in the ballpark of $8.50 per site per month. Again these are mostly business-card on the web type sites...

Can anyone make some recommendations on this? I can do my own research but I'm hoping for personal positive experience from you guys to help in this decision. Thanks!
 
You could check out Midwest Internet over at mw.net. I think the low tier is like $10 per month, though you might look into the Virtual Server instead for $75 per month it has a bit more flexibility.

All support is done here in the US by native English speakers.
 
i used ixwebhosting.com for a few years until i switched to my own box. very affordable, and whenever i did have an issue.. i was always on the phone with a real english speaking person within five minutes.

any company can host a website, but can they offer proper support if something breaks? that's what i paid money for.
 
I use Site5 with a VPS to resell webhosting. You can make money on small, low traffic websites at $10 month. You won't make much money, but you will have about 50-100% margin.
 
i use EoReality Performance Hosting. The CEO is a member on here and sponsors the Hard Gaming gameservers.

He just moved me over to a SSD box for free.
 
I've had a great experience with Bluehost over the years. Any technical/security issue that has arisen was promptly handled, even on holidays.
 
mddhosting.net or site5. Both are excellent based on years of working with both of them.
 
Back
Top