I just want to say that I won't be able to build a new video editing rig for at least 4 years and probably won't be able to upgrade any component outside of my hard drives so I need it to be future proof, if there is such a thing. Speed takes priority over storage, but I'd like to walk away with at least 4 TB of storage.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
HD video editing with Premiere CS5
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$3,000 is budgeted, but the less I use the better so I can use it on camera equipment
3) Where do you live?
AZ
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Motherboard
CPU
Video card w/CUDA
PSU
RAM
Case with room for about 10 hard drives (was looking at: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112243 )
Hard Drives (need a couple for the OS/App in RAID 0, need 1 for pagefile and rendering, need as many as possible for storage (2TB's would be nice))
DVD-RW
Blu-ray Burner
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Keyboard and mouse
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I use two 24 in. Dell's (1920x1200).
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Any time
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
I'd like RAID 0 for my OS/App hard drive, firewire is needed, no SLI is needed, USB 3.0 would be nice but not required, SATA 6Gb/s would be great. The less time I have to twiddle my thumbs while videos are rendering the better.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Windows 7 64-bit.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
HD video editing with Premiere CS5
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$3,000 is budgeted, but the less I use the better so I can use it on camera equipment
3) Where do you live?
AZ
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Motherboard
CPU
Video card w/CUDA
PSU
RAM
Case with room for about 10 hard drives (was looking at: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112243 )
Hard Drives (need a couple for the OS/App in RAID 0, need 1 for pagefile and rendering, need as many as possible for storage (2TB's would be nice))
DVD-RW
Blu-ray Burner
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Keyboard and mouse
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I use two 24 in. Dell's (1920x1200).
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Any time
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
I'd like RAID 0 for my OS/App hard drive, firewire is needed, no SLI is needed, USB 3.0 would be nice but not required, SATA 6Gb/s would be great. The less time I have to twiddle my thumbs while videos are rendering the better.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Windows 7 64-bit.
Last edited: