Lord Nassirbannipal
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 1, 2005
- Messages
- 1,155
I have this processor and motherboard:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPLGGWS...TF8&colid=20X73Q6XPB3ZO&coliid=I1US9HBL68GESR
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FU829ZQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
A week ago, my computer froze up and rebooted(what a Christmas present). It would never get past the Gigabyte splash screen so I had to reset the CMOS. Afterwards, I was able to boot back into Windows but I had no network connection. I looked in the device manager and the NIC would appear at first. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, updating the driver, etc, but after a while, the NIC stopped appearing. I booted into several Linux distributions using a USB flash drive with YUMI but none of them saw the NIC. I got a new motherboard two days ago (the same as above) and all seemed to go well during the installation but when installing the NIC driver, I got an error message stating tat it couldn't find the NIC and I had to go to the device manager and manually install it. This worked except for Windows updates which I had to add the svchost to the firewall programs in order to get Windows to get the updates. When installing them, it hangs for hours after every five updates and I have to manually reboot the computer in order to get them to continue. Aside from that, the random shut downs have continued even with the new MOBO. I've tried a different known working power supply, different known working RAM, a different surge protector and outlet, and even updating the BIOS but they continue. A little while ago, it stopped booting at all. I don't get any display or beeps when turning the computer on.
Basically, I've given up and decided to go with just a new MOBO and processor. The specs for the rest of it are the first line in my sig. Just need some help on what to choose. i use it mostly for Office, SQL, Vmware, web browsing, music, roms and emulators, and indie games.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPLGGWS...TF8&colid=20X73Q6XPB3ZO&coliid=I1US9HBL68GESR
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FU829ZQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
A week ago, my computer froze up and rebooted(what a Christmas present). It would never get past the Gigabyte splash screen so I had to reset the CMOS. Afterwards, I was able to boot back into Windows but I had no network connection. I looked in the device manager and the NIC would appear at first. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, updating the driver, etc, but after a while, the NIC stopped appearing. I booted into several Linux distributions using a USB flash drive with YUMI but none of them saw the NIC. I got a new motherboard two days ago (the same as above) and all seemed to go well during the installation but when installing the NIC driver, I got an error message stating tat it couldn't find the NIC and I had to go to the device manager and manually install it. This worked except for Windows updates which I had to add the svchost to the firewall programs in order to get Windows to get the updates. When installing them, it hangs for hours after every five updates and I have to manually reboot the computer in order to get them to continue. Aside from that, the random shut downs have continued even with the new MOBO. I've tried a different known working power supply, different known working RAM, a different surge protector and outlet, and even updating the BIOS but they continue. A little while ago, it stopped booting at all. I don't get any display or beeps when turning the computer on.
Basically, I've given up and decided to go with just a new MOBO and processor. The specs for the rest of it are the first line in my sig. Just need some help on what to choose. i use it mostly for Office, SQL, Vmware, web browsing, music, roms and emulators, and indie games.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.