Alright, so my brother has his modem and router (Linksys WRT150N) set-up in his room. And in the living room I have;
1) Dell Inspiron 1525 that usually receives a pretty good signal.
2) Wii that seems to get a connection, but I can't tell if the signal is strong enough.
3) PS3 that only gets like 10-15%
4) Xbox 360 without the wireless adaptor
I want to know what would be the best and most cost effective way to give them all (better) internet access.
So far... I've tried bridging a connection to the 360 using a crossover cable from the laptop (I really don't want to spend $100 on MS's USB adapter.) It seems to work ok, but it doesn't work for the PS3 or Wii. So I'm thinking of getting a wireless signal booster/repeater or something, but I just don't know how well those things work.
My other option would be to do the DD-WRT route, but I'm also not too sure how that would work out either.
Can anyone give me their advice and suggestions? Thanks in advanced!
1) Dell Inspiron 1525 that usually receives a pretty good signal.
2) Wii that seems to get a connection, but I can't tell if the signal is strong enough.
3) PS3 that only gets like 10-15%
4) Xbox 360 without the wireless adaptor
I want to know what would be the best and most cost effective way to give them all (better) internet access.
So far... I've tried bridging a connection to the 360 using a crossover cable from the laptop (I really don't want to spend $100 on MS's USB adapter.) It seems to work ok, but it doesn't work for the PS3 or Wii. So I'm thinking of getting a wireless signal booster/repeater or something, but I just don't know how well those things work.
My other option would be to do the DD-WRT route, but I'm also not too sure how that would work out either.
Can anyone give me their advice and suggestions? Thanks in advanced!