Need a good co-op game

Forealz

Limp Gawd
Hi all, I just came across a girl/friend who enjoys videogames. We spent all day yesterday playing mario 3. I want to find some more co-op games that are very fun, but probably not overly complicated. I'm thinking PC (I have 2 comps, one is 3 years old tho so cant play newer games), 16 bit, or PS2.

I believe Serious Sam 1-2 have a coop.

Blacksite: Area 51 is coming out in Novemeber and it will have coop also.

Serious Sam I and II, simple just shoot and kill :)

No One Lives Forever 1 and 2

Neverwinter Nights

At the risk of making a stereotype, I can't picture very many gals genuinely into the FPS scene. In case I'm wrong, in addition to the games already mentioned, there's also:

Joint Operations: Escalation
SWAT 4

If not, something like Lego Star Wars would probably be up her alley. Coop play vs AI in any RTS like COH or Warhammer40k is also possible.

Contra FTW

Edit: I play Rise of Nations with my financee about the only game she likes, but she really likes it. Hint: DO NOT KICK HER ASS if you decide to play against each other then if you value your relationship you will play like a 12 year old moron and let her win. period :) If you do decide to win, then win by a very small amount.

I enjoyed the Doom 3 coop mod. You play through single player with more than 1 person.

Halo (1 or 2) for the PC. Halo is known for its fun co-op modes and the game is outstandingly simple.

Sounds like your looking for more vintage type games.

I would say Secret of Mana would be a huge blast for you guys if she likes stories...battle system is a blast too. It's just cool exploring an entire world with a friend. Loved that game.

Dont know of any good co-op games for PC. But, Gears of War is coming out later this year and that has fantastic 360 co-op. Hope they keep it for PC

Lots of good suggestions. I am actually an ex wow addict, clean for a few months, and she just stopped raiding too apparently. I'd like to avoid it, but at the same time I've always wanted a girl I could play wow with.

Sex is always more fun in co-op mode.

I play some RTS games with my wife, which was AoE2 for a while is is slowly becoming AoE3.

Sacred, Diablo 2, Dungeon Runners. You can play Sacred with only 1 game disk over LAN. They patched it to allow for this. You can probably find Sacred for 10 or 15 bucks, too. It's a Diablo clone. Not perfect, but as close as it comes. It's actually a fairly decent game.

I am a Supcom junkie now (sn Sir_Realz atm), unfortunately my old pc could never play it. Its tough to learn too, and I hate losing, so I don't think I'd like her on my team. Diablo 2 is a great suggestion, I might have to do that as well. She came over again and we are at the last world in SMario 3. Secret of Mana might be fun as well. I'm still tempted to lead WOW lol

My friend and I have had some good times playing Co-Op in Rainbow Six: Vegas, Neverwinter Nights, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, System Shock 2, and a few others I can't remember right now.

The PC version of Gears of War is coming in November. I eagerly await playing its co-op mode.

Does the Rainbox 6 Vegas play through single player but just in co-op mode? I hate that Vegas is so obviously a console port and it has none of the regular R6 style gameplay, it's just an arcade shooter.

Lego star wars is available on the PS2 and sounds ideal. Whimsical, silly, fun etc.

Back