Need a Case and Mobo [For 1st Build]

Zeyne

n00b
I plan on doing my first build and I can't find a case. Also, any tips on what I am planning on putting in will help a lot too.

So far this is what I am thinking:

Hard Drive: Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L200S0 200GB
Video Card: ATI All-In-Wonder X800 XT
Cd Drives: LITE-ON Black IDE CD-ROM Drive
............... And a DVD one from my old comp
Sound Card: Turtle Beach RIVIERA 6 (5.1)
Power: Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W
Memory: Still Deciding, but I will probably take the gig from my old computer (I don't know what type it is, but I wan't to try and get 2gb, is it not smart to mix 2 brands if I buy and extra 1gb?)
Processor:
Update AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz

For the case. My main concern is that it keeps the comps temp nice and low and it is the right size for my stuff to fit in it. Also it would be nice to be roughly ~100 $.

For the Mobo. I want something that will fit in my case, and work with my stuff, lol. At first I had chosen a "DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4" but then I realized it said "Nvidia" in it and didn't think it would work with my video card? I dunno

Thanks for the help

No, you can use a Nvidia Mobo with an ATi card, it's perfectly fine. Actually, the system I'm on now has an nForce2 Mobo and a Radeon 9600XT.

Ohh sweet, thx, so that mobo is fine? Anyone have ideas on a case? I guess the case has to fit that mobo

Yep, that mobo is fine. And quite a good one too. As for a case, how about something like this? Or maybe this? And I have one more question: are you getting the All-in-wonder for a reason?

What do u mean about the all in wonder? I like how it has like the thing where u can watch tv and stuff I guess.. I dunno im a newb at this comp stuff remember ;)

and thanks for the cases, i was planning on that tsunami one when i first started looking and heard it was loud and forgot about it, but i dont reallycare about sound now, I think thats the one ima get.

Antec cases are pretty good too. I've used a Sonata, SuperLanboy, and I'd get the P180 if I had the money for it. Lian-Li is also one of my favorites. I've used PC-60/61 cases for a while.

No case is too hard for a beginner :). The only hard things about cases are when the front USB/Firewire are individual pins instead of a nice, neat plug. Then you have to read your case manual and mobo manual to figure out what is what. I did it the first time not having any idea what I was doing and it worked out ok :). That was with a Lian-Li PC-60 case.

Back