I will be using this system for Adobe LR3 and PS CS5 primarily. Additionally I will be using Flash Catalyst, Flash, and Adobe premeire Elements 8 for some light video editing (most from a small helemt cam, and some from a 7D - output would be web quality only). My proposed Budget was $1500 and I came in right near it.
Intel i7 930
Gigabyyte GA X58A UD3R LGA triple channel 6/GBs
XFX core edition GS250XZSL4 GeForece GTS 250 1GB video card
GSKILL 6GB 240pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800) timing of 8-8-8-21 (2 sets for 12GB total)
CORSAIR CMPSU 750TX 750W ATX 12V PSU
Case - either AZZA solano 1000 black or ENERMAX uber chakra ECA5001B
COOLER MASTER intel core i7 compatable 92mm cooler
OS Windows 7 64 bit
HD's leaning toward WD Caviar bk 640BG 32MB cache SATA 3.0 for the OS and a second for the scratch.
Then a WD Caviar bk 1TB 64MB cache SATA 6.0 for the image storage.
Open to thoughts, suggestions, and anything I might have overlooked or missed on any level. This will be my first build .
Intel i7 930
Gigabyyte GA X58A UD3R LGA triple channel 6/GBs
XFX core edition GS250XZSL4 GeForece GTS 250 1GB video card
GSKILL 6GB 240pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800) timing of 8-8-8-21 (2 sets for 12GB total)
CORSAIR CMPSU 750TX 750W ATX 12V PSU
Case - either AZZA solano 1000 black or ENERMAX uber chakra ECA5001B
COOLER MASTER intel core i7 compatable 92mm cooler
OS Windows 7 64 bit
HD's leaning toward WD Caviar bk 640BG 32MB cache SATA 3.0 for the OS and a second for the scratch.
Then a WD Caviar bk 1TB 64MB cache SATA 6.0 for the image storage.
Open to thoughts, suggestions, and anything I might have overlooked or missed on any level. This will be my first build .