• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a budget power supply

andrus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
362
Hi, I'm building a computer with the following specs and need a psu that's as cheap as possible to power it

E2180 with a mild OC (2.5-2.8 probably)
Cheap G31 mobo
8600GT with no OC
2GB RAM
2xHDs
2xDVD drives

I'm thinking an Antec Earthwatts 430w for $35 shipped? Any other suggestions (maybe something a little cheaper)?
 
I have a 2180 at 3ghz with a 8800gt running with a 430w earthwatts and it's been great even powering the Q6600 rig in my sig for a few months.
 
I'm thinking an Antec Earthwatts 430w for $35 shipped? Any other suggestions (maybe something a little cheaper)?
Any cheaper than the EA430 and you start getting shit. So the EA430 is the cheapest but still decent quality PSU available now. I highly recommend jumping on this deal ASAP
 
I have pretty much the same system as the original poster. I actually have less of a system (one less hard drive and dvd drive).

Since this deal has gone away, are there any other recommendations? I just want something reliable but inexpensive. I am currently looking at the Corsair 400CX. Would this be fine for my needs? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Enigma
 
Back
Top