Need 4 copies of XP pro ?

Brain411

n00b
I need to purchase 4 legal copies of XP professional does anyones know a good place to buy software online ? Also OEM vs Retail how come some places say you need to purchase software with hardware ?

Contact Microsoft, I think you can buy one CD and like a limit of 5 keys. 4 copies would be alot are you running like a office or something? www.newegg.com they have normal XP Pro and its 141 compared to retail in stores for 300! :p

I hoped I helped a lil.

Are you looking for full or upgrade? This greatly affects your VLK options.

With the OEM copies, you have to purchase hardware with it for it to be legal, according to the EULA. This was brought up before in this forum a few weeks ago, and I remember the thread saying you couldn't just grab a mouse, that it had to be a piece of hardware required to run the OS(eg. hard drive, PSU, MB, proc). I'd go with the above advice to contact MS and see what they say about what hardware you need to buy to get the OEM version legally.

well I need full versions, lets just say my work is going LEGAL after ... we were adviseed too, and im ordering a barebone system, a hardrive and a video card and 4 versions of oem software for $135ea from a place online, which we have previously bought 3-4 computers from and several other items, does this sound like it should qualify ???

sandmanx said:
With the OEM copies, you have to purchase hardware with it for it to be legal, according to the EULA. This was brought up before in this forum a few weeks ago, and I remember the thread saying you couldn't just grab a mouse, that it had to be a piece of hardware required to run the OS(eg. hard drive, PSU, MB, proc). I'd go with the above advice to contact MS and see what they say about what hardware you need to buy to get the OEM version legally.

You only need to buy hardware for the 4th unit.. 3packs can be sold without hardware but singles cant...

Back