NEC - LCD2490WUXI2 (Refurb?)

swame_sp

n00b
Joined
Nov 9, 2011
Messages
29
Hello all,

I was browsing NEC website and came across this monitor LCD2490WUXI2-BK-R for about $270 (Excluding shipping costs), Is this a better monitor for my use?

- Browsing
- HTML Design
- Non pro Photo editing
- Watching live programs :D

Will this monitor be okay? Is it a good idea to buy refurb from NEC directly? There are no replacements for their refurb products. any suggestions or ideas?

thanks.
 
Looks like a 1-year warranty. What's the dead pixel policy?

From what I have read on this forum, it is a decent screen but not as good as its predecessor. Build quality should be quite good (minimal BLB, no creaking, etc).
 
Last edited:
These are good screens and built like tanks. Their only con versus the original is the lack of the A-TW polarizer.

NEC usually doesn't have a published dead pixel policy, but you call them and they generally take care of you.
 
10e, I just spoke to NEC. Their dead pixel policy is that of ISO 13406-2.

The bigger question is, what sort of measured contrast does this display have? What's the black level like? Colors should be nice on that screen.
 
Black level is ok, contrast is ok, and somewhat variable when calibrated depending on how far the panel is off from your chosen color temperature like D65.

You won't see less than a 0.18 cdm/2 black level from this screen or more than 800:1 contrast. It's the same panel as the ZR24W.
 
That's what I thought. Still, for <$300 that's a great price. The ZR24w is a great display.
 
I looked at the shipping cost and it's whopping $45. I think that breaks the deal, may be it's bit overpriced for the refurb product.

@dparm, which would be it's predecessor? LCDLCD2490WUXI? How about this model, P241W-BK ? I think standard gamut will work fine for my use.

@10e, when you say tanks, are these models too heavy? Will it be okay to have these on the table looking like half the thickness of CRT?

thank you guys.
 
The 2490WUXi is the predecessor. It's a phenomenal display partially because it uses the A-TW polarizer.

When he says "like tanks", he means that the build quality is very good. That means it will be very sturdy but at the expense of weight and thickness. Note how big the panel housing is, for example.
 
Back
Top