Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The viewing angle part is exactly what I said, it looks like: Simon Copy+pasted most of the F2380 part. Not until the second last sentence is the NEC talked about.
It is also important to note that using the F2380/F2380MX's Fastest setting actually makes the response time worse in practice, but not in PixerPixAn. This is probably why Samsung did not bother to add an overdrive function in the NEC because the Fastest settings only makes things worse.
The EV2333W costs twice as much though. Samsung botched the Fastest setting with the F2380's/2333t, so given the price point and intended uses for the NEC they probably decided to just not bother.
TFT Central's lag measurements are always way off base compared to the real numbers measured by PRAD. Some are closer than others, but just look at something like the BenQ EW2420 @21.3ms while prad gets 2ms.
The viewing angle part is exactly what I said, it looks like: Simon Copy+pasted most of the F2380 part. Not until the second last sentence is the NEC talked about.
Simon also states that the BenQ is faster than the F2380. Maybe in PixerPixAn it appears faster but in reality the BenQ shows less smearing.
whoisthisreally said:TFT central talks nonsense when it comes to viewing angles. Yes, all monitors exhibit contrast "shifts" or degradation. This term is not appropriate to describe PVA colour shift. Luckily, the provided pictures tell all we need to know.
Seems there is no interpolation feature to speak of in this monitor. I guess if I wanted to display e.g. 1280x1024 without any scaling to retain sharpness I'd need to go with e.g. the Eizo EV2333 rather than this one?
Thx - I thought so from the PRAD reviewThe EV2333W can do this
Could you elaborate on that, please?as well as adjust the lightness of the borders.
Woops I had the F2380 faster than the BenQ backwards. The F2380 is not faster vs BenQ, but according to TFT it is because Simon is only using PixerPixAn to judge.
Thx - I thought so from the PRAD review
Could you elaborate on that, please?
Really? What would that be good for? Anyway, deep black will do just fine for me.so the black borders on the left and right side are a different color or shade of grey/black.
That part I was pretty sure of. If Simon didn't miss anything here, that is.EV2333W can aspect ratio scale, the EX231WP can only display full screen, I believe is what WhoisThatReally {}said.
Really? What would that be good for? Anyway, deep black will do just fine for me.
That part I was pretty sure of. If Simon didn't miss anything here, that is.
Review on PRAD I think this will be my next monitor and it's in white![]()
I agree
LCD:s are far from perfect. It doesnt matter if we are talking PVA, IPS or TN.
I think cPVA is very underrated. Maybe because the discussion is so centered around gaming but for ordinary use cPVA is better than TN and IPS imo.
The problem is your 6 year old PVA probably has better contrast, viewing angles and sRGB coverage from most of the modern VA screens. That is because they stopped making S-PVA panels for computer monitors and are only making AMVA now. I don't know of any new cPVA monitors either. You can find new S-PVA screens in TVs only. Most of the modern IPS screens (especially those using LED) also seem to get worse and worse in terms of viewing angles, IPS glow and BLB.I agree!
This days it's all about gaming that's why pepole don't care much for VA panels but as you said the cPVA is a better panel for ordinary than IPS. I don't like IPS at all. The low contrast is really turning me off and so is the IPS glow and the agressive AG. The IPS also suffers from backlight beleeding, especially the LED ones.
My 6 year old PVA Samsung has a higher contrast than all the modern LED IPS panels, that's a joke! There is no way i would go backwards with the contrast after 6 years, no way, that's why im going to buy this NEC.
I use my pc only for work, i don't play games on it so i don't care if it has 25ms, the rest seems to be great according to TFT Central and PRAD. Viewing algles are also fine on PVA panels, i never watch my monitor from the side, so i don't care for IPS widest angle. I rather have a better picture when watching the monitor while sitting infront of it then from an angle.
I also like that EX231Wp has additional functions like touch sensitive buttons for the OSD which actually work good, a light sensor, intelegent human sensor and stuff like this which only have the gaming TN monitors, it's really packed with many features.