NEC EA231WMI-BK - $239.99 at Newegg, Free Shipping

I just saw this over at Ben's Bargains.

Newegg has the NEC EA231WMI-BK IPS monitor for $239.99 with free shipping.

Pretty good price for an IPS panel. I'm guessing they're clearing these out for the upcoming revision (the EA232WMI). I believe the 232 has an LED backlight and will use about 10W less electricity. Something to consider I suppose if you're trying to decide whether or not to go for this model.

Seems like a very good deal. I've been looking for the Dell UltraSharp U2311H to go on sale for about the same price. How does this NEC compare? Both are 23" IPS panels.

If anyone can recommend this monitor compared to the Dell I'll quickly go for it. Thanks

edit: The NEC trails the Dell with slower response time, but I think I can live with this. Not sure how long I'll be waiting for an acceptable deal if I pass this up.

Last edited:
I wish I could comment personally but NEC monitors have been very high on the quality side through the years. IPS + DP + NEC + $240 = almost sure fire win expecially for eyefinity.

I wonder how this fares against my trusty old Samsung Syncmaster 245BW 24in monitor. Still waiting for a eyefinity setup.

WOW. This price is amazing... I just bought two vw266h's because of the 1200p. If I saw this, I'd have done this instead :(

Yep, had my eye on this monitor for a while now.

Just came to this forum to post it, they are getting rid of this stock to clear out for the next model.

Best deal you can get for a IPS Panel PERIOD. Let alone 23".

Quality Control is mixed but for the money still great deal.

I would consider jumping on this if Newegg's return policy regarding displays did not blow.

Anybody with this NEC have any luck running it at 75 Hz?

EDIT: Got it. Found the thread on this monitor and yeah, with some work with the .inf file it is possible.

Last edited:
Way to necro the thread, even had me going to Newegg to check the prince... It's just as well, I think I'd be happier with a new HP ZR24W + a refurb for the side + my old Samsung for the other side until I'm sure I'll dig Eyefinity (then I'll get a second refurb).

Back