• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nearfield speaker placement

Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
41
I just got some new speakers and I was wondering what the proper placement should be for them. The slave speaker on the left has a pretty short cable and can barley reach both ends of my desk without being pulled taught. Maybe I can make a cable for it if needed. This is how they are currently setup:

They are about 42 inches apart and are angled inward slightly but not directly pointing to my head. My head is about 44 inches away.
67a1aa4c.jpg


This is how far apart they can go max:
bb808296.jpg


How should I have them placed in regards to my listening position and the back wall?
 
The speakers should be as far apart as you are to the middle point in between them and i would place them about 10" away from the wall.
 
In addition to what manny said, you might wanna raise them off the desk with some cheap stands or books or whatever. Angling them up slightly is another alternative.
 
Okay thanks. I have some foam here that could elevate them. Should they be ear level or higher or lower?

What about toe in? Is it better to point them straight ahead or is there a general advice when calculating toe in?
 
Okay thanks. I have some foam here that could elevate them. Should they be ear level or higher or lower?

What about toe in? Is it better to point them straight ahead or is there a general advice when calculating toe in?

i usually only worry about toe in when i lower my car
 
Genrally what does toe-ing them in and making them straight do? Should I look for the soundstage widening or closing in (like im losing the invisible center channel).
 
No aming the left one at your left ear and right at the right will have the strongest soundstage.
 
Back
Top