NE: MSI Z97 PC Mate + G3258 = $89AR ($10 rebate)

That is basically buying the motherboard and getting the processor for free!!!

Awesome deal, thanks for posting Kirbyrj!!!

Wish this were Micro-ATX.

I have my old case sitting here but it won't accommodate this size mobo.

Very nice, may have to pick this up to build a test pc. I missed the last microcenter deal which was $70 after MIR(for comparison).

A15G, head over to slickdeals, there's a discussion and I believe they mentioned a good deal on a different matx combo newegg is running with the pentium too.
Very nice, may have to pick this up to build a test pc. I missed the last microcenter deal which was $70 after MIR(for comparison).
Was it $70? I recall paying more, but with MC I had tax and NE doesn't so that balances a bit too. But moot anyway since none of us have flux capacitors, and this is still a great deal.

A15G, head over to slickdeals, there's a discussion and I believe they mentioned a good deal on a different matx combo newegg is running with the pentium too.

Was it $70? I recall paying more, but with MC I had tax and NE doesn't so that balances a bit too. But moot anyway since none of us have flux capacitors, and this is still a great deal.

ah nvm, it was $80 after MIR and $70 with the MIR + $10 coupon but many people weren't able to get the coupon working if I remembered right. the thread

Thanks for the heads up, I just got some parts to build my 7 year old a gaming rig. I had the case, keyboard, mouse, moniter and dvd drive in spare parts. I got the Mobo/cpu, 8 gigs of ram, corsair 650 and a evga gtx 960 for a little over $400!

Motherboard is great, apart from missing a m.2 slot it has everything else you could need. Hell for the price of a cheap motherboard you are still maintaining multi-gpu support and awesome BIOS options.

Motherboard is great, apart from missing a m.2 slot it has everything else you could need. Hell for the price of a cheap motherboard you are still maintaining multi-gpu support and awesome BIOS options.

Actually, you are only able to do Crossfire on this board, and even that would perform terrible with any decent cards since the 2nd PCI-E x16 slot is actually only wired for PCI-E 2.0 with X4 lanes electrically..Nvidia requires at least x8 2.0 lanes for SLI support/certification..

I know this a budget board, but for the money I cannot understand why MSI couldn't at least do a second PCI-E slot from the CPU instead of using a slow 2.0 connection from the PCH..I mean even if it cost an extra $3 per board I am sure that 99% of people considering the board would gladly pay to have SLI support and enough bandwidth for an actual Crossfire setup..

Other then this issue, it is a very, very solid board with a nice friendly BIOS layout. It is extremely stable with the mild-ish 4.1Ghz OC I am running on my Pentium G3258 @ stock voltage.

Has anyone used this combo to build a Hackintosh? (I don't really have an excuse to buy this combo, but for some reason I kind of want to... I've been curious about that CPU for a while... )

Actually, you are only able to do Crossfire on this board, and even that would perform terrible with any decent cards since the 2nd PCI-E x16 slot is actually only wired for PCI-E 2.0 with X4 lanes electrically..Nvidia requires at least x8 2.0 lanes for SLI support/certification..
Well, it is a budget board, and I thought that for low/midrange cards that x4+x4 didn't really have a big performance impact, as you're not likely to saturate it, no?

They do make similar slightly more expensive boards for gaming, and I anticipate that with a G3258, most people are just going to buy a single 750ti which you can't SLI anyway and call it a day, or perhaps if AMD go with a R9 270 and add a second one down the road.

The 270 is similar to the 7970 in performance for example, and here you can see that there's virtually no performance difference between PCIe 2.0 x4 and PCIe 3.0 x16 for that card:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Ivy_Bridge_PCI-Express_Scaling/15.html

Micro Center ran this offer until a week ago. It even went down to $89.99 ($49.99 CPU + $40.00 Mobo) for at least a month and a half. Now, you can't find it at that price anymore. I guess not too many local buyers showed interest but since it's an "In Store Only" deal, no internet users could order it either. Hopefully they will run it again. Might get a combo just for the sake of it.

Back