NE - 8 gigs of DDR3 for $55 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will 3sets of these work for 1366 socket? Hmmmm do I really need more than 12gb. Probaly not.

FYI, I bought this kit a few weeks ago when Newegg was doing a similar DDR3 deal and haven't had any issues on my P55 or P67 boards.

I haven't tried overclocking them but will do soon.

Anyways, I bought another set. Will come in handy when DDR3 begins to spike back up in price.

there was a similar deal like this on amazon last week but its on backorder.. hmmm should i jump on this..

I bit. I'm already running one of these exact kits in my ESXi build from when they were on sale for $72 three weeks ago. For this price, might as well upgrade to 16GB. Suppose I'll just upgrade my HTPC with the 2x2GB sticks this kit will replace... since I'm sure they aren't worth enough to sell anymore, lol

In for 2x4gb Gskill RipJaws for the girlfriends new i2500k setup. Can't beat that for $69 shipped! Thanks OP!

I was tempted to get two pairs of these today (4x4GB) for $110 rather than a $70 Sniper pair (2x4GB) w/heatspreaders but ehh... I don't even really need 8GB to begin with. I think it's crazy that a lot of people are still willing to pay $150+ for RAM w/slightly tighter timings or higher speed ratings, that's probably one of the few things keeping the RAM makers in the black!

I want to stock up on DDR3 now while its cheap but Im afraid that IVY is going to require DDR4

back up to normal price but not before i managed to score 8 gigs of ram i didnt really need haha
whats back to normal price:confused:? If you are talking about this deal; Its still good.

I think I am going to bite on this, can never have too much ram

I had the promo code work a few minutes ago; now its dead. thats what I get for screwing around

anyone happen to have any overclocking results on this particulr kit? newegg reviews usually aren't worth a damn but someone said a 2% overclock was the best he could do? anyone here willing to do one?

these chips on the web apparently can hit 1400 at roughly 1.55v but don't really go into much detail in terms of timings or anything... plus they didn't really push it to 1.6 or 1.65.

Wholey crap...I almost bought the $74.99 deal last time and I have no need for it...must.....resist.....I'm not sure I can....I already have 12gb in my rig....see then I buy 3 of these and go to 24...that leaves me 12gb doing nothing, so...then what? start another build of course!!....oh I missed it...good!!! LOL

now the waiting begins, eggsaver fail.
I feel like it might show up by February 11th to the 18th at the earliest.

it can be, most people generally get it in 9 Business days or so from my experience. and it was free so it's not like newegg can refund you the shipping costs when it goes over the 4-7 business days. so they (dhl) really have nothing to loose taking their sweet ass time which they do. I've seen packages take a nice loop around the country before being delivered.
With woot's smartpost which is somewhat similar to DHL's egg saver i had a package go from texas to CA then to NJ where it was suppose to be delivered. took 14 business days.

Eggsaver uses UPS Mail Innovations. (or at least I thought they did....do they still use the DHL equivalent?)
UPS/DHL takes the package from NE, gives it to your local post office in a few days, and then the post office delivers it. Usually it takes 4-5 business days for UPS/DHL to give it to the USPS, but then the USPS delivers it in a day. (that's the gist of it)

I still don't see how this is a feasible shipping method having a 2nd party involved; I would assume it would be cheaper for NE to give it straight to the postman and have him take it with him as opposed to UPS/DHL having to bother with it, but who knows. Maybe they get bulk rates or something. All I know is doing parcel post or even first class mail would take 1/2 the time and probably cost the same or less....so again I wonder why they even bother with this in the first place. Again though, who knows. :confused:

What REALLY makes no sense is I thought DHL went bankrupt like a year ago. :rolleyes:

Egg saver uses DHL, DHL then gets it first then ships it around through their weird as hell distributing hub which makes 0 sense then usps gets it and delivers it to you. I've had some take 3 business days and some take 10+ business days so its a crap shoot basically.
Its insanely inefficient but it must save newegg some money otherwise they wouldn't do it.
i also thought DHL was purchased by ups or fedex a while back

Mine was shipped on Friday 1/28 from New Jersey, and it looks like it should be arriving here west of Chicago either later today (Tuesday 2/1) or Wednesday (2/2) at the latest. I haven't had bad luck with their EggSaver shipping yet.

I've gotten UPS Mailing Innovations (UPS gives it to USPS) or DHL for my Egg Saver.

This time I got DHL. Ordered my RAM Tuesday night, came from California and arrived in NJ the following Monday morning. Generally, if I get the usual UPS 3-day that's sometimes free, I'll get it much faster. If I order in the morning or early afternoon, it arrives the next day, and if I order in the evening, it will arrive in 2 days.

The package arrived at my city at 8am today. I should have gotten it by now but i'm hit with lots of snow. Probably get it on the 3rd, since its going to be a feet of snow tomorrow morning. sigh.

Mine was shipped on Friday 1/28 from New Jersey, and it looks like it should be arriving here west of Chicago either later today (Tuesday 2/1) or Wednesday (2/2) at the latest. I haven't had bad luck with their EggSaver shipping yet.

I wouldn't hold your breath with the nasty weather coming your way...

Showed up today, awesome!

Looks like I bought it Thursday evening, but it shipped out on Friday.

I actually got it today! what? you don't believe me? Well here is PROOF you jerk!
8gbramblck.jpg

Got mine also, though I'm still waiting on the rest of the system. Any reports yet on how well this memory OC's?

Looks like these sticks uses different ICs than my other G.Skill kit. Doesn't matter, I'll be using them mainly on my 1155 rig.

Mine were also different but very similar. The second line of text on the chips was the same, but the first line was different.

The part number is identical except for the 10666 on these vs the 10600 on my other sticks (ordered 3-4 weeks ago). Aside from that, the sticks look identical.. color, layout, height, etc.

don't they both use D9LGK ICs? Anyone willing to try and overclock their set? 1600mhz on 1.65, even with 9-9-9-24 timings would be great to hear. Though I imagine that since these are the 10666 vs the 10600, these were already "slightly" overclocked and won't go much higher if at all?

Someone check and report back?

I'm still waiting for these -___-

Edit: I hate DHL.

don't they both use D9LGK ICs? Anyone willing to try and overclock their set? 1600mhz on 1.65, even with 9-9-9-24 timings would be great to hear. Though I imagine that since these are the 10666 vs the 10600, these were already "slightly" overclocked and won't go much higher if at all?

Someone check and report back?

I'm still waiting for these -___-

Edit: I hate DHL.

10600 and 10666 are both 1333MHz... some manufacturers called it 10600, and some called it 10666. I guess 10666 sounds better.

I'm pretty sure D9LGK is what I remember seeing on both the old and new chips. I can try upping them to 1600 and running a memtest86+ CD. Probably not tonight... probably tomorrow.

10600 and 10666 are both 1333MHz... some manufacturers called it 10600, and some called it 10666. I guess 10666 sounds better.

I'm pretty sure D9LGK is what I remember seeing on both the old and new chips. I can try upping them to 1600 and running a memtest86+ CD. Probably not tonight... probably tomorrow.

That'd be great! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back