NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

So I just got my V2, (Canada, ON here) and everything is great except mine seems to have a really bad wobble, I'm assuming the feet are of different height. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, someone else had uneven feet (or a possibly a twisted chassis) a couple pages back..

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041007963&postcount=12618

Probably best to actually get your system built and see if the weight evens things out.. otherwise, just unscrew off the shorter foot and add a washer to even the height.

Actually, just checked my v1 and it also has a slight wobble. I noticed this once before, and just assumed my desk was warped a little (or that I tightened one of my aftermarket feet a little too much).. doesn't really bother me to much, though.

This looks like the perfect case for a Hackintosh built I have in mind...Does anyone know if they will continue manufacturing and selling this case or newer versions of it in the next 1-2 years? Because I don't need one right now.

Yes, someone else had uneven feet (or a possibly a twisted chassis) a couple pages back..

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041007963&postcount=12618

Probably best to actually get your system built and see if the weight evens things out.. otherwise, just unscrew off the shorter foot and add a washer to even the height.

Actually, just checked my v1 and it also has a slight wobble. I noticed this once before, and just assumed my desk was warped a little (or that I tightened one of my aftermarket feet a little too much).. doesn't really bother me to much, though.

Yeah actually I have that exact same problem its just one of them floating. I've actually just tried adding a washer but the washer adds too much height and I actually grated the bottom a little bit which really sucks because I didn't really screw it on that tight. I think I'll just send in an email and see if I can get a replacement, personally it just annoys me a lot.

Could it be a warped case causing the case to not sit flat? Not sure how keen and how good an idea it is, but would taking off the panels, and twisting the case in the appropriate direction a little at a time improve it?

(at the risk of really loosening up the rivets)

Just received my case, from Malaysia here. Heard about the uneven feet but will check it out later when im out of this hell office.

Yeah actually I have that exact same problem its just one of them floating. I've actually just tried adding a washer but the washer adds too much height and I actually grated the bottom a little bit which really sucks because I didn't really screw it on that tight. I think I'll just send in an email and see if I can get a replacement, personally it just annoys me a lot.
Did you actually put anything in the case (the weight may force the floating foot down)? Are you sure the surface you have it on is flat (checked with a square or straight edge of some kind)? Do you have a feeler gauge and could you measure the gap?

My V1 had the floating foot issue but it was fixed after the components got installed inside.
It now sits flush on the table even when fully empty.

Haven't played around much with my V2 but I did notice it also has the floating foot issue.
Hopefully the same fix will work when I do the system build this weekend.

This issue seems to be more prevalent with small cases (not enough own weight to self correct it).
I've seen it in my other cases like the node304, and the same fix applies.

I received my Silver panel kit here in The Netherlands. Which probably means that my case is being picked apart by customs XD

I received my Silver panel kit here in The Netherlands. Which probably means that my case is being picked apart by customs XD

Still hoping to get some news in the coming days ... case was shipped (TW Air) on 8/8; if it sticks at customs I assume it will take some additional days as its still holiday period in BE.

EDIT: just in touch with BE Post; customs demands proof of payment, so at least it arrived in BE :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
Looks like my case is in Coventry as of yesterday morning, and customs are deciding whether to charge me or deliver it. Imagine that bodes well for fellow brits?

Now, back to waiting for the tiny psu, aio water loop and k70 rgb to release...

Upon further inspection, I've noticed my v2 has the floating foot issue too, but it's so minor that I missed it the first time. The problem will likely go away with all the components inside the case anyway.

Also got my tracking info, looks it is already in customs waiting for clearance (UK), was sent by the 5th. Very nice.

Well, I still haven't received my tracking nr yet. So I was a bit surprised to see it popping up already.

OMG OMG OMG ... it's like Christmas day :D

96CAXcY.png

UO1TDGo.png

I did not expect anything to be delivered today. I haven't got any tracking info, just woke up with it delivered to the door. Can't say I'm complaining though. I'm in Romania btw.

Also, I noticed the wobble people were mentioning before but it's just slightly and could be that it will go away under the weight of the components.

Seems my case has been stuck in customs for more than 2 days now.
Arrival at incoming office Aug/11/2014 11:03 AMSTERDAM NETHERLANDS
Customs inspection Aug/11/2014 11:04 AMSTERDAM NETHERLANDS

Guessing I drew the lottery for the random inspection. :p But I'm in no hurry. :cool:

Guessing I drew the lottery for the random inspection. :p But I'm in no hurry. :cool:

It's kinda normal at PostNL to hold packages for a while and pretend they are in customs :)

UPDATE 2014-8-13: M1 V2 tracking info for TW Air, TW SAL and TW Surface updated on PayPal. Aside from US Economy items, if you don't see your tracking info on PayPal, email me at info AT ncases.com

It's kinda normal at PostNL to hold packages for a while and pretend they are in customs :)

I once had customs hold a package for 4.5 weeks, if I didn't call them myself, I wouldn't have known it was collecting dust waiting for the one (!) customs declaration officer to do his monthly check. Go Belgian post :)

@jcagara
They bought some extras when they did the order, I think, so if you message W360 you might be able to buy one still.

No guarantee though.

Welp, at least we know it's still a thing!

Thanks for finding that info. :)

Really W360 is like the author of this project am I right?
Let me try though
Thanks for the heads up man!

I've actually just tried adding a washer but the washer adds too much height and I actually grated the bottom a little bit which really sucks because I didn't really screw it on that tight.

Yeah, if you're worried about scraping up the bottom (though any scratches should be hidden by the foot) then use a plastic washer.

Just a quick question, US Economy shipping does not have Tracking ID's correct?

Should have tracking for each package.. at least the v1 batch to the US did. Unfortunately, the tracking was useless for me, as it didn't update with details until after a delivery was attempted.

Last edited:
Just a quick question, US Economy shipping does not have Tracking ID's correct?
Not yet. All the US Economy cases are being shipped together to the US by ocean freight and won't arrive until the end of September or so. Then w360 will re-ship them to end customers, at which point tracking will be available.

Having a lot of trouble with the WIFI on my ASUS Z87I-Deluxe board. Specifically it recognizes no wireless connections available.

Anyone else with the Z87 Deluxe having these WIFI issues? :confused:

Mine does the same. But only after windows goes into sleep mode. Unplugging the PC for 10 seconds resets the wifi module.

Has anyone found a true fix for this yet? Or anyone with a Z87i-Deluxe that doesn't have this problem?

I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out, but it appears to be a very common issue with all of the ASUS Z87 and X79 Deluxe boards with Wi-Fi GO module. ASUS' official solution appears to be an RMA (which doesn't correct the issue, of course).

Sometimes I can get through 1 or 2 sleep cycles, but eventually, it will wake to the dreaded "no connections available" message, that can only be fixed by clearing CMOS or pulling the power plug (fixes it every time). This issue happens with different BIOS and driver versions, and different Windows settings (adjusting adapter's power settings has no effect). Other than the issue of it not working coming out of sleep, the adapter works 100% correctly otherwise and the bluetooth on the same adapter always works (even coming out of sleep).

Only true solution I've found is to disable sleep entirely.

Do these guys even test the shit they build? Is Raja around??

Looks like my case is in Coventry as of yesterday morning, and customs are deciding whether to charge me or deliver it. Imagine that bodes well for fellow brits?

Now, back to waiting for the tiny psu, aio water loop and k70 rgb to release...

Mine is in Coventry too, hoping they don't decide to charge :D

Hi, I have a problem with wifi on my p8Z77-I deluxe few weeks ago. What operating system you use?

Hi, I have a problem with wifi on my p8Z77-I deluxe few weeks ago. What operating system you use?

Win-7 64bit. Same, or similar issue?

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if it's possible to just replace the crappy ASUS Wi-Fi GO module with a regular mini PCIe card?

I'm using win 8,1 I turn off saving energy option and uninstall wifi driver and then windows install automatically new driver. No more wifi trouble.

Has anyone found a true fix for this yet? Or anyone with a Z87i-Deluxe that doesn't have this problem?
The ASRock Z87E-ITX and Z97E-ITX/ac users also have this dreaded Broadcom solution that has some users, like me, frustrated about it's bad functionality. In my case, it's a gamble at power-on if it works or not.

Just got my silver mk2 today in Sweden, many thanks to the designer/organiser of this case!

It is a stunning case and is going to be my workstation for the future.

UPDATE 2014-8-13: M1 V2 tracking info for TW Air, TW SAL and TW Surface updated on PayPal. Aside from US Economy items, if you don't see your tracking info on PayPal, email me at info AT ncases.com

I got the tracking info...after the cases arrived! lol...

Win-7 64bit. Same, or similar issue?

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if it's possible to just replace the crappy ASUS Wi-Fi GO module with a regular mini PCIe card?

As long as it fits, any replacement card should work from what I understand. I almost went that route to add a sound card before I decided I could live without it.

Panelshot!
FbIHvW4h.jpg

The case itself is at Customs. That will probably mean I have a nice present waiting for me once I get home from my vacation.

My tracking code shows the exact same information. I'm just hoping they won't hold it too long.. Would make my vacation even more complete if it would arrive this week :D

Got my Silver case today!
I couldn't resist coming home from work on my break to check it out, even if it was only for 10 minutes. :p

I'm thinking about doing a timelapse build of it later.

Not sure though.

Back