NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

That one will not work because It's 120mm and not 92mm ( i checked silverstone web site and they dont have 92mm fan filters ). Also, you need to unscrew the grill to clean the dust. The one I use you just need to pull the plastic frame.

I was more thinking of the bottom and sides not the rear as most of the time the rear fan is an exhaust there is no need for a filler.

My tracking number shows that the case is at my home post office this morning.

Looks like it will show up today or tomorrow.

I'm in Ohio.

Dispatch 26.

I'm dispatch 26 too, it hasn't arrived at my home office. I guess the packages are driving from the west to the east coast. I'm in Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania here too, dispatch #26. No updates on either tracking site, and no sign of my M1 either.

It doesnt really matter when mine shows up anymore. Im in Michigan and we got hammered with an ice storm this weekend. Over 100k of us without power and it wont be back on until after XMas for many of us.

Tough to put a cpu together in the cold and dark :(

Nice to see some of these builds coming together!

Massachusetts. Despatch 26. Tracking shows "Out for Delivery"

I am warily excited. With USPS you never know.

That sounds harsh, I'm actually glad we won't have any snow these last few days. Much luck !

Mine just got here to Orlando, FL at 730 am. SN 0425, nice mid-low number! My tracking number shows it arrived at my local USPS office this morning.

Last edited:
I'm dispatch 26 too, it hasn't arrived at my home office. I guess the packages are driving from the west to the east coast. I'm in Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania here too, dispatch #26. No updates on either tracking site, and no sign of my M1 either.

Same, same. And they're going east to west (from NJ). MiLk got his in central PA from #25 only 2 days after arrival in port. I'm closer to OH, so maybe tomorrow?

My wife just texted me saying mine arrived in MN ~8:30am! Dispatch 26, tracking never updated. Serial #605

Last edited:
Some photos of the M1 case with an Impact and H80i

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5irv3thtnad889p/upRTNVT_dQ

Nice! Why is the foam for in pic #80?

upRTNVT_dQ

My tracking number shows that the case is at my home post office this morning.

Looks like it will show up today or tomorrow.

I'm in Ohio.

Dispatch 26.

Mine delivered a hour ago. Can't wait to open and take a look tonight.

Pretty sure mine got delivered this weekend but I wasn't home to confirm. I will find out this week. Also got my 4770k from retailedge so now I just need a board.

Just got one of them today in Houston, TX I got delivered to my work address. I'm sure the other one will be at the home address soon. I should also point out that the iPost website never showed any useful information. It still says it is clueless.

Looks like my case is out for delivery: Athens, GA edit: Dispatch #26

For those who have received theirs what are you using to handle the case without leaving prints everywhere? I have some powder-free, latex exam gloves but didn't know if those would work or not.

Last edited:
Just got one of them today in Houston, TX I got delivered to my work address. I'm sure the other one will be at the home address soon. I should also point out that the iPost website never showed any useful information. It still says it is clueless.

were you also on dispatch 26? looks like its also going to get to Austin, TX today or tomorrow.

Looks like my case is out for delivery: Athens, GA

For those who have received theirs what are you using to handle the case without leaving prints everywhere? I have some powder-free, latex exam gloves but didn't know if those would work or not.

i used those, and it worked fine.

Hey Steve, welcome to the forums.

I won't be in need of one of the reservoirs but I appreciate the hard work ya'll have done and I know we have more than a few members here that can inundate you with questions.

Hi, my name is Steve and i work for FrozenQ PC mods. Im here to answer any questions about the NCase reservoirs.

Hi, how long does it typically take for a production run? I got an email 6 days ago stating that my product was in the 'creating product' status, just wondering how long to expect before it ships.

Also, what shipping method will be used and will we get a tracking number with it?

Thanks

Minneapolis, MN. Dispatch 26. Out for Delivery

Can't wait to unwrap my present after work today!

Got my case! #828. Aweee yeahhhh

Last edited:

Sweet! I'm in Houston as well. Here's hoping that it shows up today. No updates on iPost or USPS though.

Sweet! I'm in Houston as well. Here's hoping that it shows up today. No updates on iPost or USPS though.
I was certainly not expecting that. I went to the post office to pick up something else sent to my work address and they came back with a ton of stuff. They asked me just to bring all of it so they wouldn't have to deliver. Among the packages was my silver case. It is a very cool little case. The wife's black case should be coming soon to the home address.

Obligatory pics:

Now I need to go clean the mess in the background. :)

Last edited:
Dispatch 26, Florida, Out for delivery it says. I have to leave for work soon though.I had to use the 'track another' to get the info to pop up.

Update: Mail man just delivered my silver case. Had him double check his vehicle for a second but the black case isn't there. Maybe tomorrow? Anyway no time for pics. I have to get to work.

Update 2:Serial number is #0972

Last edited:
Dallas TX. Dispatch 26. No updates in tracking as of this morning past the November 7 update. Just checked a minute ago again and now it says Out For Delivery.

awSued9.gif

omg the suspense is killing me. will be very mad if someone from San Antonio, Texas has his package out for delivery

My case justarrived. Shipping box had a few smashed corners and the M1 box has a few slightly damaged corners but don't look deep enough to damage the case. Haven't pulled the case out yet to check, will do that once I'm home. Shipping box was smaller than I expected. Hope to have some photos later if I can find my camera.

Edit: Pulled the case from the box but left it in the bag, looks ok. Silver #862 w/ extra No Odd cover and Silver feet.

Last edited:
Man what the hell, I'm in Connecticut, and nothing yet in my doorstep, mailman brought mail at typical 12pm, but no package yet.

Quick question for those air cooling, are you running your side fans in a push or pull configuration? I'm using a HD7950 with a non-blower cooler and noticed heat likes to build up in the bottom portion of the M1. Not sure what the best way to help cool it would be. Suggestions?

I didn't find any unusual noise/behaviour with this fan combination.

What do you mean by metal tubing?

I belive that the H80i with two 25mm fans and the original tubes will fit the case as long as the motherboard doesn't have a power regulated PCB elevated from the mb and a sound card that is also elevated from the mb. The impact has both and I felt that that was the reason the two 25mm fan configuration would not work. While there is space for the two 25mm fans plus the radiator ( there is a 3-4mm clearence to the waterblock ), there is no way of routing the original tubes without colapsing them. Shortening them is not a solution and using thinner tubes also doesn't work, I tried both with the H80i that I destroyed. The only way I think it would work would be using bendable rigid acrylic tubing. The main culpit are the Radiator barbs that are non-directional and on top of that, they extend to much from the radiator face.

h80_rad_fans.png

h80 has metal tubing, h80i has rubber tubing, i'm worried this metal tubing will be much less flexible and i'm not about to try and shorten it. :/

If i can't get it in, i may just have to order a good large air cooler.

Back