NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

I'd hop on that too but I already have a H100i en-route and will only be WCing the cpu.

I want to get this but that MSI itx gaming board looks promising and appears it could fit a Apogee II. Custom or closed hmmmmmm

H220 for $100 at NCIX
I would get one but am still not sure if I want to do a custom loop or not.

Sweet deal. I already have mine otherwise I'd grab it.

I did just order the 450w PSU and 2 Gentle Typhoons for the final pieces of my build though. That boat needs to hurry :D

That boat better not get attacked and captured by Somali pirates. :mad:

H220 for $100 at NCIX
I would get one but am still not sure if I want to do a custom loop or not.

Argggh! I wish that I could figure out my HDD's! I've got it down to 3- (1) 3.5" and (2) 2.5" all are necessary.... also so is the ODD. I'd love to buy this thing right now but had been planning on the AD2 with a ST30 single rad so I could utilize the HD rack, liquid on CPU only. Any thoughts on replacing the H220 rad with a ST30 single?, (using adamantium's res of course).

This deal would literally save me 250 bucks if I could make it work with my HDD's.....

Argggh! I wish that I could figure out my HDD's! I've got it down to 3- (1) 3.5" and (2) 2.5" all are necessary.... also so is the ODD. I'd love to buy this thing right now but had been planning on the AD2 with a ST30 single rad so I could utilize the HD rack, liquid on CPU only. Any thoughts on replacing the H220 rad with a ST30 single?, (using adamantium's res of course).

This deal would literally save me 250 bucks if I could make it work with my HDD's.....

Dam that's a lot of storage I would get a NAS ! What mobo are you using with your ad2?
I really don't think the H220 pump/block would be a issue with the st30. I just wanted the ad2 cause it seems higher quality.

Last edited:
So I just jumped on that H220 deal. I'd previously bought the C12 SE14 but returned it after hearing some fit issues with my chosen mobo, the ASRock Z87-ITX.

Is there anything else I need to purchase in addition to the H220? I've never watercooled anything before; hell, I've never installed a heatsink other than what came with the processor. Are there any good crash course tutorials that I can check out with respect to watercooling in general and the H220 in particular?

Sydney-sider here, just received it today (well, yesterday, but I wasn't home to pick it up).

R9lkwWnl.jpg

It can literally sit on top of my hand, grabbed lightly onto it, it's that small. Or my hands are huge.

You know what they say about big hands... big trouble in trying to assemble everything in that tiny case. :p

Dam that's a lot of storage I would get a NAS ! What mobo are you using with your ad2?
I really don't think the H220 pump/block would be a issue with the st30. I just wanted the ad2 cause it seems higher quality.

I'm using a Gigabyte z77-wifi with an Ivy i7- dual boot hackintosh/windows. The AD2 was planned to go with adamantiums res, a single 120mm ST30 Rad and some sweet fan (still undecided on the fan)- But this H220 deal is so good, and really I'm only ever planning liquid cool the cpu since I don't game enough to justify a 1000 dollar gpu + liquid... Mostly I have a shit load of files I need fast access too- aperture libraries, movies for the kid (in a hurry y'know), ps docs, and of course my occasional game. My main is SSD OSX 10.9 250GB Samsung 840pro, 2nd is Windows7 on a Crucial M4 500GB SSD, the 3.5" is a 3 TB Seagate I have adapted to work with both drives, but is primarily used with OSX- that's the one that should eventually become a NAS....

Still, I'd love to strip my ATX rig down and cram it into the M1- That was my ambition when I saw it for the first time...... I do overclock my cpu to 4.5 currently with a d14- would like to keep that the same since its stable and fast enough for my needs...... ST30 single capable? H220 pump quality capable???? hmmm.... wish I could figure this out soon... only an hour and a half b4 the ncix deal ends..........

Last edited:
Looks like Australia finally getting theirs. It's gonna be a fight for last place between USA, Germany, and the Netherlands!

That boat needs to hurry :D

In 1873 they could get around the world in 80 days via a combination of steamboats and railways. They could travel from Hong Kong to Yokohama Japan in 6 days, and from Yokohama Japan to San Francisco United States in 22 days. Today they can get from Taiwan to Australia in 30 days and from Taiwan to the US in 45 days (maybe). So 140 years of progress later it takes about twice as long as before. Of course we have to remember that it is harder nowadays because we have computers to map the shortest routes and schedule and track the packages. We have consistent shipping containers, larger docks, and powerful cranes to load the containers. We have larger more efficient ships, more powerful engines and fuel, satellite weather forecasting, bigger and better ports, no pirates (between Taiwan and the US), and most importantly 140 years more experience. Unfortunately for us, all of those hindrances combined have apparently reduced our efficiency. ...still waiting...and waiting...

By the way, what ever happened to the shipments to Vancouver Canada. Are they going to New Jersey too? :D

I'm using a Gigabyte z77-wifi with an Ivy i7- dual boot hackintosh/windows. The AD2 was planned to go with adamantiums res, a single 120mm ST30 Rad and some sweet fan (still undecided on the fan)- But this H220 deal is so good, and really I'm only ever planning liquid cool the cpu since I don't game enough to justify a 1000 dollar gpu + liquid... Mostly I have a shit load of files I need fast access too- aperture libraries, movies for the kid (in a hurry y'know), ps docs, and of course my occasional game. My main is SSD OSX 10.9 250GB Samsung 840pro, 2nd is Windows7 on a Crucial M4 500GB SSD, the 3.5" is a 3 TB Seagate I have adapted to work with both drives, but is primarily used with OSX- that's the one that should eventually become a NAS....

Still, I'd love to strip my ATX rig down and cram it into the M1- That was my ambition when I saw it for the first time...... I do overclock my cpu to 4.5 currently with a d14- would like to keep that the same since its stable and fast enough for my needs...... ST30 single capable? H220 pump quality capable???? hmmm.... wish I could figure this out soon... only an hour and a half b4 the ncix deal ends..........

I would just run 2 ssd's then and get the H220/NAS. I wouldn't want noisy drives in my sleek and sexy M1.

In 1873 they could get around the world in 80 days via a combination of steamboats and railways. They could travel from Hong Kong to Yokohama Japan in 6 days, and from Yokohama Japan to San Francisco United States in 22 days. Today they can get from Taiwan to Australia in 30 days and from Taiwan to the US in 45 days (maybe). So 140 years of progress later it takes about twice as long as before. Of course we have to remember that it is harder nowadays because we have computers to map the shortest routes and schedule and track the packages. We have consistent shipping containers, larger docks, and powerful cranes to load the containers. We have larger more efficient ships, more powerful engines and fuel, satellite weather forecasting, bigger and better ports, no pirates (between Taiwan and the US), and most importantly 140 years more experience. Unfortunately for us, all of those hindrances combined have apparently reduced our efficiency. ...still waiting...and waiting...

You couldn't do all that for $25 shipping on a small parcel package.

We can cover the distance quicker now, the difference being the amount we are investing into the delivery service to get our packages across such distances. Unfortunately not an apples for apples comparison.

There is always the option to invest more into the delivery service. I am sure several thousand more could get your package delivered within a day. But as a economy delivery service aimed at mass delivery to multiple addresses, I guess I should not be too demanding. ;)

Doesn't stop me being impatient..!! I want my case!

Finally received mine today. Was somewhat odd that the delivery was missed at 5.30pm last night at our office (we have staff in there till 8pm..) but came today thankfully. Now to figure out what build I want (or rather have fiance's acceptance factor on since I just bought a second 3DS XL, XB1 and PS4 in the last 10 days...).

Edit: should mention I'm in Sydney..

Last edited:
I just received my 2 cases in Brisbane! They look fantastic but I ordered 1 silver and 1 black however I got 2 blacks instead. What do I do now?

So tempted to grab a Swiftech H220 from NCIX, would work out to around $200 AUD shipped. Should take the plunge or just wait for the Cooler Master Glacer 240L to drop?

I completed my eyefinity set-up!

20131203_004556_resized_zps9c8ef780.jpg

Thats 3x Acer p244w. So after all this waiting and thinking out my M1 build, I'm afraid that I can't power my set-up with anything fitting the M1 :( I think the max resolution for high setting gaming will be 2560x1440 in the M1 with current availabe graphic cards.

I want to play BF4/GTA5/Crysis 3 etc. on high settings, so my M1 might end up in storage for a later build :(

It's actually a good thing, now I ain't making a system that can't power my requirements.

The Hardware that I ordered but won't be using in the near future:

• M1 ncase with extra no ODD drive
  • The bluerray drive that showed up in this topic
  • The cooling resevoir that showed up in this topic

Feels kinda sad, but it's for the better :p Or does anyone think I can power 3 x 1080p in some way out of my M1?

Just bit the bullet and got the H220 from NCIX for around $202 CAD (around $217 AUD) with express shipping and fees etc.

Hopefully I get this before Christmas, otherwise I won't see until Jan 2014.

Should have checked ocau hydro, I replied you can get them from thekoolroom.com 2hrs before you posted that you'd ordered overseas.

Oh and I should probably mention in here that both me and my housemate got our M1's today (south australia), mine's 594. Might see if I can borrow a camera so I can take nicer pics.

Huge thanks to all involved, awesome case =)

Edit: half decent pic with a good size reference: 120mm scythe GT

Click to view full size!

Last edited:
Got my black M1 today (QLD, Australia) and it is awesome. Really small and light, but seems very sturdy. Not sure if I'm ready to build in it yet, might wait for broadwell. My current PC is a noisy as hell shuttle xpc, so whatever I put in the M1, it will be watercooled.

So I just jumped on that H220 deal. I'd previously bought the C12 SE14 but returned it after hearing some fit issues with my chosen mobo, the ASRock Z87-ITX.

Is there anything else I need to purchase in addition to the H220? I've never watercooled anything before; hell, I've never installed a heatsink other than what came with the processor. Are there any good crash course tutorials that I can check out with respect to watercooling in general and the H220 in particular?

What fitment issues are you referring to? I have the board and cooler and it doesn't seem to pose a problem, I think the orientation with the heat pipes facing back is only required if you want a 92mm rear fan as well, the other orientation will give you more RAM clearance. I was going to post a top down picture later today since I was asked about it.

What fitment issues are you referring to? I have the board and cooler and it doesn't seem to pose a problem, I think the orientation with the heat pipes facing back is only required if you want a 92mm rear fan as well, the other orientation will give you more RAM clearance. I was going to post a top down picture later today since I was asked about it.

You have it installed in an M1 already? My concern was the combination of M1 + ASRock Z87 + C12P SE14, just from what I had been reading on this thread.

I'm sure it could work somehow someway, but I was concerned about the build difficulty given my lack of skill (never having done an iTX build, and frankly had frustrations working with rather large mATX mobos and cases).

I'd like to see that if you have time. The more pics we have of people's set ups the better.

I completed my eyefinity set-up!

20131203_004556_resized_zps9c8ef780.jpg

Thats 3x Acer p244w. So after all this waiting and thinking out my M1 build, I'm afraid that I can't power my set-up with anything fitting the M1 :( I think the max resolution for high setting gaming will be 2560x1440 in the M1 with current availabe graphic cards.

I want to play BF4/GTA5/Crysis 3 etc. on high settings, so my M1 might end up in storage for a later build :(

It's actually a good thing, now I ain't making a system that can't power my requirements.

The Hardware that I ordered but won't be using in the near future:

• M1 ncase with extra no ODD drive
  • The bluerray drive that showed up in this topic
  • The cooling resevoir that showed up in this topic

Feels kinda sad, but it's for the better :p Or does anyone think I can power 3 x 1080p in some way out of my M1?

Personally, if I were doing triple screen gaming I'd go dual GPU set up which is not withing the M1's ability. Matx or ATX would be better. Just my own opinion.

You have it installed in an M1 already? My concern was the combination of M1 + ASRock Z87 + C12P SE14, just from what I had been reading on this thread.

I'm sure it could work somehow someway, but I was concerned about the build difficulty given my lack of skill (never having done an iTX build, and frankly had frustrations working with rather large mATX mobos and cases).
I'd like to see that if you have time. The more pics we have of people's set ups the better.

No, sorry, I don't have the M1. I have it set up in a temporary case. The top of the 140mm fan does go beyond the heatsink, so yes, I'll need to find a way to locate it lower or use a 120mm fan.

I will post a top down picture, but I think the only one I have is with the fan installed, I'll have to check when I get home.
Here are Necere's general comments about it:
Let me field this one, as it will be useful more generally as an example of a method of determining fitment.

Based on Phuncz's fitment testing we know that:

• The NH-L12 on the Asrock Z87E-ITX will clear the rear panel of the M1 with heatpipes facing* rearward (but does not clear the top panel, i.e., does not fit the case in this orientation)
  • The NH-L12 on the Asrock Z87E-ITX will clear the top and rear panel of the M1 with heatpipes facing* downward (fits the case)

Based on published drawings from Noctua, we also know that:

• 62mm from CPU center on the Asrock Z87E-ITX clears the top panel (per NH-L12)
  • 88mm from CPU center on the Asrock Z87E-ITX will clear the rear panel (per NH-L12)

Therefore we can determine that:

• The NH-C12 on the Asrock Z87E-ITX will clear the top and rear panels with heatpipes facing* toward the rear (63mm to top panel, 85mm to rear panel)
  • The NH-C14 on the Asrock Z87E-ITX will not clear the top or rear panel in any orientation

*"Facing" = direction the ends of the heatpipes point.

6C8DBQD.jpg

Distance to CPU center is a good way of figuring out what heatsinks will fit with different boards.

One word: customs.

I once had a package from Taiwan sent to me in Belgium in a few days, it took 5 weeks for someone to check the package at the customs. :mad:

How in the world did I miss this thread? Is there still a way to order one and if so how much?

How in the world did I miss this thread? Is there still a way to order one and if so how much?

Not sure how you could miss this lol, it's been on the top of the SFF section for a long time. But no you can no longer order this case. Your best chance is to find someone who has a extra to sell. Have we heard what Wahaha360 plans to do with his extra cases if they are not needed for replacements ?

Last edited:
Do you have any suggestions how can I hold a 92mm fan on top of the case pushing hot air outside?

A simple suggestion: double-sided mounting tape, e.g. from 3M. You would only need a small piece of tape in each corner of the fan (or only in two opposite corners), since the glue is ridiculously strong. No need to worry about the fan falling off, I promise. :)

lol I was wondering the same thing.

Been wanting to build an ultra-compact SFF rig that will take a 12" GPU. Apparently they're really hard to come by.

I'd love one of these cases if anyone happens to have a spare laying around.

Hey fellas, with your tracking number in the US, what does it say when it's been delivered?

The last update on my is November 7th in Taiwan :(

Early ship list 2

Back