NASA's Curiosity Rover to Land on Mars This Weekend

I can't imagine how expensive it would be to setup a self-sustaining mining operation on the moon. The ultra-fine dust gets into everything, the low gravity has health effects on people, there would be nothing for them to do so you have to ferry people back and forth all the time, and I'm not sure what they would do about clean water, sewage, etc. and producing enough food and entertainment and the like to sustain such an operation.

Sewage would be easy. You could just crap in a bag and toss it into space. Clean water you get from the frozen waters. Food you'd get from space buffalos. Also supplies could be sent via space cannon. Just impact it closish to the base.

Sewage would be easy. You could just crap in a bag and toss it into space. Clean water you get from the frozen waters. Food you'd get from space buffalos. Also supplies could be sent via space cannon. Just impact it closish to the base.

I'm on the Moon right now and I can confirm this is how it works.

674237main_PIA16001-43_946-710.jpg

Source: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/multimedia/PIA16001.html

Image of the various EDL (entry, descent, landing) components in relation to Curiosity. This was taken with the MRO's HiRISE camera overhead.

I agree. Im still bothered that the USA hasnt been back to the moon in over what 50 years now?....I mean that bothers me....

No need as there is one guy and a bunch of clones, living on the moon, harvesting H3.

Back