Napera Indigo Beta

I'm cleaning my basement and found 2 of these switches, one from each beta. The last time I powered them up, neither would pass traffic through them. I am getting ready to move, and hate to just toss stuff away.

Any hope in getting these functional? Chances are I have zero use for them but would give them to the guys in the DC subforum.

The started heading towards hosted soltuons with focus of working with switch manufactures and haven't heard about them since the beta.

This info was posted on the GetSatisfaction support site a few years ago. I used it at the time and it worked just fine.

My understanding is that the commands below will reset the switch to its unconfigured Factory settings and if you do not go through the config process the switch will operate as a dumb switch from here on out. Now that I am saying that, it sounds a little fishy but it is worth trying. I have not used my switch in years do to 'upgrading' to a VLAN aware Procurve but always thought if I needed a 24 port gigabit switch real quick, I would try to resurrect the Napera switch again.

YMMV and Good Luck!

"
Resetting the Cobalt SecureSwitch is possible through the front USB port.

Connect a null modem cable to the front USB port and setup Hyperterminal with a baud rate of 115200

The front USB port does not require a password so once you connect you'll see a prompt similar to:

BusyBox v1.4.2 (2009-01-08 10:19:09 PST) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
______
( ) ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____
| _ |__ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ ) / ___) / _ \ TM
(__| \_| ) | | | | ( ( | | | | | ) ( (/ / | | ( ( | |
| | |_| |_| \_||_| | ||_/ \____) |_| \_||_|
(______) |_|

0001000013:~$

Once there type the following commands:
. /etc/profile
factory_reset.sh

That's all that is required. The Cobalt SecureSwitch will reboot and win it becomes available will be a the defaults.
"

I used two USB to RS-232 adapters and and a F-F DB-9 cable to connect them together. I plugged into the USB port (Vertical on the left side of the switch if I remember correctly) and then into the computer. Open a terminal, select the correct COM port and hit ENTER a few times. That got me to a prompt and then I sent the reset commands.

Cool. I got a cable on order so will give her a go. Does this effectively turn it into a 24 port dumb switch then?

Back