• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Nanometers and SSDs

Daemas

Gawd
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
791
Does anybody know an ETA on Indilinx drives manufactured with 34nm flash chips? Intel drives decreased in cost 27%, and I would expect the same or probably more from Indilinx drives. That would bring 30GB vertex to $100, 60GB to $165, and the 120GB to $265.

I've also read that 2Xnm flash chips are coming "soon". Anybody know anything about those?
 
I think I heard that the new OCZ Solid II will possibly use Intel 32nm flash.

BTW: Don't hold your breath waiting for SSD prices to drop significantly.
 
I wonder if we'll see any truly awesome deals on SSD during Black Friday... Maybe on those OCZ Agility drives? I imagine Vertex & Intel X25-M's will still be a hot ticket in a month or two so there's little incentive to discount them, but the Agility line being "one step down" they might be tempted to push some stock around... I'd get a 60GB Agility on the spot if I saw it for under $100, for my netbook, heh.
 
Back
Top